Stuck at Apple logo boot loop after battery replacement.

I recently replaced the battery on my iPhone 5. I thought everything went great until after reassembly rhe screen would not boot. After a lot of trial and error I realized I damaged the screen so I ordered a replacement screen and repaired that as well. The screen now works but when I try to turn the phone on the apple logo displays then the screen goes dark. I tried charging it and the same logo, blank screen happens. I tried it resetting it and the "plug into iTunes" image appears but when I plug it into the computer it does not recognize the device. I swapped the old battery back in and the phone boots up just fine. Any ideas, or is the replacement battery just faulty?

If the phone starts up with the old battery and not the new one then the new battery is definately the problem. I have had lots of issues with "new" batteries.

mercedeslewis90 will be eternally grateful.