Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

Problem with signal after replacing battery

hi, i need help. After replacing battery on my iPhone 3G american factory( i'm italian) it starts to have problem with signal that is the most time on No service. Only if i connect iPhone to the pc i have a bit of signal and can call. So i send it to a "repair house" that said to me there was a problem with the motherboard and it's impossible to repair. I think it's a lie because all works on my iPhone except signal. In your opinion replacing antenna can i solve problem? Thansks

maybe they don't know it better.

most "repair shops" have no good repair informations about the iPhone.

i think that nobody could give you a good diagnose without seeing it.

the problem occured right after you worked inside the phone - so no, i don't think that replacing the antenna is the problem.

i would check the connector first, than everything in the antenna circuit - but as i said - no chance to point out an exact problem without seeing a high-res/sharp picture of the logic board

Toioski Toioski will be eternally grateful.