Released in September 2010, the Roku XD is the first generation of Roku’s video streaming set-top-box. The Roku XD is identified by model number 2050X.

Why won't my Roku turn on?

There is no power to the Roku.

I was having same problem tried everything and got fixed by restarting devices once.If still having problem might be your account issue, may contact on 18005852494 and get update about everything.

My ROKU TV is not powering on at all. What can I do?

ok. so my tv wont turn on either. The light at the bottom of the tv is on but if I try to power it on it shows nothing. The light will not even flash at me. I have tired a new outlet and unplugging and plugging back in. I have also tired to turn the tv on by remote and by the button on the back of the tv. not sure what else to do. ANYTHING that anyone can think of will help.

I have the same problem

I've got that problem as well and I found out that if you disconnect HDMI port #1 it will turn on try that

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

If your Roku device will not turn on, the first thing to do is to make sure that the device is plugged in and that the power cord is seated properly. If you've done this and it still won't turn on, don't panic. You can consult the Roku XD troubleshooting page for more possible solutions.

I solved my problem by turning off screen saver on roku

How do you turn of screen saver. This only happens when i FIRST TURN IT ON

Striped screen, any ideas?

From Roku troubleshooting:

Roku XD 2050X Troubleshooting

Remote and Roku Need to Be Reset

Remove batteries from the remote. Hold down every single button on the remote for five seconds. Then, replace the batteries.

Next, unplug the power cord from the Roku, wait for five seconds, plug the power cord back into the Roku, and wait for Roku banner.

Ridiculous? Yes. Did it work? Also yes. :)

Didn’t work for me

Worked! Thanks. Wonder why/how this fixes the problem.

Didn’t work for me.

I unplugged all cables to my modem, waited 30 secs, plugged everything back in and everything is fine now.

Did not work

If your Roku device is not getting on then you need to be reset both Remote and Roku device.

To reset your Roku remote,follow these steps:

• Hold down every single button on the remote for five seconds.
  • Then, replace the batteries.
  • To reset your Roku device , follow these steps:
  • Unplug the power cord from the Roku, wait for five second.
  • Plug the power cord back into the Roku, and wait for Roku banner.
  • I hope these steps can help you to solve your query.
  • For more information click '''here'''.

I've had the same problem try disconnecting all your HDMI ports and leave them unplugged until your screen goes to the home screen

My TVs off light was on but now it's off too. It won't power on or anything.... .. any advice

Yep unplugged the TCL Roku tv and wouldn't power back on. Just for giggles I followed one of the instructions above. Hold all the buttons down at once. Bravo! It

This didn't work for me.

I had this same problem. The light on the bottom was lit but the tv woulsn’tturn on. I tried the button on the TV as well as unplugging, and nothing changed. I don't understand why or how it works but I took the batteries if the remote out, held all the buttons down. Once I put the remote back together and pressed the power button it turned on! Weird.

This is crazy my light is on but it won't turn on I unplugged it dI'd the remote thing but still won't cut on any more suggestions for me please help

did you hold them all down at once

This actually worked!

Make sure you have connected the cords properly. When you plug into the wrong port, your Roku won’t turn on. Once it turn, you can visit '''Roku.com/link''' to complete the activation process.

I notice if I don't watch tv for awhile, my tv won't turn on either. I normally unplug tv, wait 10 sec & replug. It works everytime, but inspite of saying that, I find it irritating that roku tv's are so temperamental. one always assumes its the remote batteries, but most likely not. the reboot always works.

William will be eternally grateful.