A compilation of guides for counter-top and handheld blender repair.

120V equipment burn by connected to 240v

HI,

Got a Ninja NJ600 from the States (120v) and wanted to use it in Europe (240v). But, had an accident and got plug in to a 240v power plug directly, and of course it went silent.

I have dismounted the unit and made a number of pictures. Of this the electronic board was burn in one area.

I need to know first, if this information and pictures are enough to get a response?

Second, how I can I fix it?

And last, can I make it 240v capable?

Thank you in advance.

Jacobo PM

Hey Jacobo . From what I'm seeing here, you have blown the metal-oxide varistor (MOS) (the light brown ceramic capacitor looking thing), which could be your savior. It's designed to protect against excessive over voltages. To fix it, you'll need to buy a new one and replace it. I'd also replace the EMI suppression capacitor (the big yellow capacitor behind the MOS), as its physically damaged. This guide shows you how to solder and desolder; How To Solder and Desolder Connections

Just as a precaution, I'd test the big brown ceramic capacitor behind the EMI suppression capacitor, the 47 ohm resistor and the voltage regulator at the least. As for if you can convert it to accept 240VAC, no. The board is built to only take 120VAC and as its power supply is only a linear one. You'll need to buy a 120VAC - 240VAC converter.

This guide covers testing capacitors; http://www.electricaltechnology.org/2013...

This one covers resistors; https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid...

and this one (though harder) covers the regulator; http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/...

I hope this helps you out or at least sets you in the right direction. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Hi zakk. Thank you for your help. One question, what is the voltage regulator?

Hi zakk, sorry I found it.

All good mate. Any other questions, feel free to ask away.

hello...same thing except Bl770. It was blown and i went to replace the capacitor and cant tell which one to get. Does anyone have a diagram or a pic of the board? Then i will follow the above instructions. Thanks!!

Hi I've done the exact same on my ninja blender/food processor

I can send the find a new Capasitor for it

It says 7N271K on it an on the bottom it has 322+

What do I need

@Stefan. different blender, different layout. you do want to start your own question and add plenty of images of the damaged components etc. so that we can see what you are seeing.

jacoboaa will be eternally grateful.