This affordable large-screen Android phone sports a 5.7-inch display and large 3,400 mAh battery.

screen of zte zmax screen won't operate

My zte zmax had fell in water. I put it in rice for the water damage to be resolved. Everything works just fine on the phone except I cannot touch my screen for it to do anything. I don't have a lot of money to fix this. What do I need to do to fix this in a cheap way?

My ZTE ZMAX also was damaged by water. after the rice and even breaking the phone down(removing battery, screen, separating motherboard, ect.) then again trying the rice with phone separated the screen continued to light up but would not respond to touch. I then replaced screen plus digitizer and even then the phone's issue with the screen remains unchanged. I'm very upset as I like this phone and don't have money to replace phone. To continue to try n invest time n money in the phone is something I'm wondering will eventually end up equaling out to be the same as the cost of the phone itself?

My ZMAX has never had water damage, i treat my phone very well, but all of a sudden the screen wont respond in one spot. It wiggs out of nowhere, but when i lock the screen and unlock it it works okay for a minute, then does it again.

I just dont understand

Mine is doing the same

Mine is the same way . Did any find away to get there's working ?

I think I figured it out. Mine has been doing the same for the past 4 days. It was exposed to just a little bit of moister a week before it started happening. But I think it's just the phone getting old and having a flaw. Try getting you're zte really warm it takes a few min for the warmth to reach the inside but this is the only thing that resurrects my zte. It's only a short term but try it to salvage any important info you may have

Most Helpful Answer

Whenever you're dealing with water damage it's always at best a 50/50 chance on getting the device fully restored to its previous condition. There's also a lot of misinformation out there about fixing devices that have been immersed in water. Your first mistake was to fall for the "Rice Trick" method. Your device has many layers in the design. From the back there's a protective casing/frame, cables, a battery, a logic board, camera, speakers, vibration motors, and more. Water is a liquid which is quite handy at getting into the tightest nooks and crannies. Throwing it in a bag or bowl of rice helps only in absorbing the water nearest to any openings on the device but it doesn't really touch or help evaporate the other liquid still within the various layers.

What you're dealing with could (and likely is IMO) related to a faulty display. After water damage I always recommend replacing the battery, charging port and display to begin with. One may reasonably need to replace other components too as they fail but these are usually the main components to start with. But screens can be expensive and you're trying to save on cost. What's going on is you likely have a faulty digitizer or digitizer connections. So let's go the cheap method of troubleshooting. Disassemble the device and take out the logic board. Purchase some Isopropyl Alcohol of at least 91% purity (should be about $3 from Rite-Aid/CVS/Walgreens) and then a soft bristled toothbrush ($.99). Take the alcohol and pour it into a washable clean container and submerge your logic board within the solution for about 30-60 minutes. Longer is better in my experience. Take out the board and use the brush to gently clean all the connections then, once fully dry, reassemble the device and test your screen. If it's functional that may have fixed the problem. If not, your next method of troubleshooting is with a new screen.

*iFixit allows you to purchase a part you may need to fix the repair and, within 30 days, return the part for a refund if it turns out the part doesn't fix the problem you're experiencing.

I read similar instructions on other boards, some of which didn't specify that you are only to be dunking/bathing the LOGIC BOARD in the alcohol-- NOT the entire phone (except for the battery, back cover and sim card).I think you can submerge the entire phone, but if you do, it must be quick, only a few seconds, because otherwise alcohol can seep INTO the screen itself, creating bubbles which will discolor things. I did this, and I can also say the touch screen still does not work, so it solved nothing.

I think in my case, even if I only cleaned the logic board, it still wasn't going to solve the problem, because when my phone first got wet/hit the water, it was ON at the time, and it stayed on (it was playing a radio stream), actually -it actually wouldn't let me turn it off, so I spent too much time fooling with the power button, when what I should have been doing was IMMEDIATELY remove the battery, turning it off. THEN into the rice. Had I done that, I might've been able to save w/ alcohol...

My phone got wet it dry everything works but I cannot see the screen sometimes it see but keep going off few minutes and goes on few hours need help

Same thing happened with my iPhone I dropped it in water then it worked till it dies and I put it on the charger I short circuited the screen so I put it in rice and it worked but I couldn't see the screen

My ZTE Zmax 2 apparently go wet and now the screen is turn like a pale color and some lines in it. I try to clean and dry the water but I think the water go inside the board. What can I do to try to resolve this problem.

All of you who have water damage sorry but u need to do what the guy said and dip it in 93% rubbing alcohol,and it wouldn't hurt to get some dust off(canned compressed air) and blow out whatever you can get to then reassemble, if that doesn't work then you're stuck getting a new digitizer

I have the same problem. My phone fell in water and it was working for the day then everytime I charge it, it shows the ZTE screen and vibrates repeatedly for every 3 seconds. I was like that for around 3 months. What should I do with barely any money

Zte'''

italic text'''

Hey I hope you have a nice birthday and I hope you're having a good birthday and a

yotego use zte mo de z 8 12 actua liza ci on de sott w a re

my phone does not turn on and i get a red light when i turn it on and i get a black screen what should i do

Try pushing the power button and the volume up & down button. It takes a couple times & you will need to hold the buttons in for 30 seconds or so but it will turn on.

Screen is black woke up with it like that and when i put t it on the charger the red light flashes but screen doesnt come on

I'm on here asking the same question. The phone responds to unlocking, volume control, and resetting. However there is a black screen and I am quite confused as to why! Any help would be appreciated!

Has anyone found day answer

Did anyone find a solution ?

My phone fell out of my pocket as i was running to catch the bus it still works but the screen is cracked like how a computer screen cracks and i need to get my picture off of my phone but i don't have a sd card and i cant connect my phone to the computer to move my files to the computer so that i can send them to my email. and i don't want to buy a new phone so is there anyway that my screen can be fixed without erasing all of my pictures and files. Or will I have to just go ahead and buy a new phone?

My touch want out my phone

I left my phone on the hot sun for about 40 minutes. And now the screen can't feel touch from time to time. please help , what should I do?

about a month ago my son had tipped over a water bottle on the phone and I did the whole rice thing even though not much water got into the phone that clearly did not work my phone was fine the only issue was the touch screen wouldn't work to unlock my phone or even power off when I spoke to a guy at boost he told me just hold down the power button and let it turn back on it worked and then a few weeks after I noticed the screen stopped again I kept having to hold down power letting it restart a few times and it started working now this time I tried to do that again and have been trying all night nothing has changed the screen still will not work the holding the power usually just resets the phone I am trying to figure out how to just turn it off to turn it back on and why this problem may keep happening the phone is the zte warp lte for boost can anyone please help

My phone fell and like in the middle it won't work but the sides do. And there's lines all over the screen and I don't know what to do and I don't have enough to money pls help

My upper part of my zte phone wont work

My phone feel in the toilet at school at like 1 something I got it right out and took the water off it at that time it worked and then I blowed dried it and it would not work then I told my dad bout it he took it a charged it then I put it in the rice and 10 or 11 something for jus a Lil bit then I took it out at 11:10 out off the rice it came on but it had a red light on it it came on but kept going on and off then it powered back off but it still had the red light

Alcohol works really well just dont strip the screws and use a guitar pick to pry phone open very carefully remember or mark screws where u removed them.

My zte max has fell craced abd won't turn back in whats wrong with it and how can i fix it

My screen phone want let me touch it

my phone fell in the toilet when i was cleaning the restroom but get this my phone was still working when i was at altitude then it just went black with those options and now every time i power it on it goes the black screen with those options i dont know what to do?

mine isnt working either its still going to the black screen with the same options im trying everything

How do I open my zte phone

I dropped my daughter's phone. Now the bottom half doesn't work when she tries to use her unlock pattern. Can I get that issue fixed or do I need to buy a new phone?

hfelicia88 will be eternally grateful.