Lightning connector faulty? Curiously failure

Hello together,

I bought a cheap iPhone 5s which is broken. I replaced the screen and the battery. Now the phone starts, but only if its connected with a charger. The backlight turns on and I see for some seconds the Apple logo. If I remove the cable, the phone turns off.

If its connected to iTunes, it's recognized in the recovery mode. I tried 2 different PCs but now luck. I got the error 4013. iTunes ist up2date, I downloaded the firmware twice and the PCs are clean. After the software extraction, iTunes stucks on "waiting for iPhone". The phone screen is black, I only can see the backlight. After 10-15 minutes, I got error 4013. That means an hardware part is faulty.

I recovered my old iPhone 4s to compare the iTunes logs and it seems to be a bad lightning connector but I'm not sure.

Here the 5s log: http://pastebin.com/bctZkdpF

at the end you can see "Creating timer to monitor transition

" After that comes the error. In my successful iPhone 4s log, comes "Recovery mode device connected"

That looks like a faulty lightning connector, I'm right? Tomorrow, I'll disassembly the phone and put all together.

Steinberg

Sorry for the long waiting. After some delivery and hardware solution, I got the new Lightning connector and replaced it. But that's not the issue.

Now the phone stucks for, I would say, until infinity the "waiting for iPhone" or "prepare for recovery".

I have no idea whats wrong with this phone. :(

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

Steinberg, this "If I remove the cable, the phone turns off." and the new battery is more of a sign of a bad lightning connector than the log. Replace it and see if that makes a difference. Since you are not sure about what history this phone has, it may be other, more sinister parts like the logicboard etc, but a new lightning connector will give you a known-good place to start.

That sounds great. I'll buy a new lightning connector and will report in the next days.

Steinberg will be eternally grateful.