iPhone 5 in reboot loop, color twitches and unable to restore

Hi, I’m trying to fix my friends phone but it has some for me unfamiliar symptoms.

- The phone is looping in boot, while connected. There is just a logo and no loading bar. The screen lights up and goes dark, and the colours red, blue and green appear cut half in the screen in loop after each other, see attached pictures.

- I can only get any response of the iPhone by putting it in DFU mode. It does not get recognised otherwise.

- In Itunes, when I try to “restore and update” and “waiting for phone” I get after few minutes an message “iphone could not be restored” error 4005.

- At first I suspected the battery in combination with error 4005, I changed the battery and also bought a new lightning cable and let it load over a night. Same error occurs.

I have been looking all over the web for similar cases but haven’t run into any in combination with these color twitches.

Does anybody know what might cause this? Is it hardware related like, broken charge port or logic board? Or is there a way that I can try fix it software related?

I don’t really want to trow any more money towards it before I understand a bit what might cause this problem. Please advice, cheers!

Hi , I have never seen this before. The vertical line going through the center of the screen is usually a symptom of a bad LCD or bad LCD connection. As for the restore issue and boot loop if you are unable to restore in DFU mode i would most definitely suspect a hardware failure somewhere on the logic board. were any repairs done to the device before this happened ? I would suspect there is damage done near the sim tray where the Q3 and U3 IC are located.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/20417...

Thanks for your quick reply. No repairs have been done prior to the battery change. There was mentioned of random re-boot and bad battery usage before this occurred.

Ok so now seeing has nothing else has been touched but the LCD and the battery . I can maybe think the issue is to do with screw placement on the LCD sheild as putting the screws in the wrong place could cause something like this . Here is a link to an image showing how they should be . http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=309j1ug&...

Only other thing i can think of would be maybe a faulty battery . If not i would imagine there has to be some damage somewhere on the board.

This problem occurred without it had has any reparations before, screws had not been touched or switched. Replacing the battery has not helped either. I also suspect the board more now, but was hoping it might had been software related. Cheers

I have a same problem, couldn't found a solution yet. Is your Iphone working fine now?

Im having the same problem as well but i got the error code 2001. Anyone Got any advise??

This happened to me today. I took it to the Apple Store Genius Bar. It turns out I had a swollen battery, which in turn damaged the connection to the LCD and caused the endless reboot loop and the exact screen pattern shown here.

Unfortunately for me, my phone could not be made to power up, so all my data was lost. The lesson always seems to be "backup your stuff", doesn't it?

hi! the same thing is currently happening to my iphone. is it usually the case when the battery swells and it is stuck in reboot that you lose your data? i hope not! taking it in as soon as possible

Hi everyone, here exactly the same problem. We had a swollen battery a couple of weeks ago. Battery changed and all seemed fine and now the 5s won't start with the same colors. Help! What can I do?

Hi peeps! Happening to me right this moment. Has anyone tried fixing it or is it an end of time?

Nathalie will be eternally grateful.