Set of Android tablet computers manufactured by HP.

How do I replace HP Slate 10 hd glass touch digitizer?

I received the hp slate 10 hd tablet for free from a friend. The lcd screen is fine. Just the digitizer is broken i have found one on ebay for $80.00. I wanted to purchase and fix myself. I have been searching for days on any videos or repair guides, I have found none. All the repair guides I find are for the slate 7 and slate 8. Thanks for the help. Edit- I read the manifesto, and the only way to see how something works it to take it apart. So I'm ordering the digitizer, and will post a guide. Hopefully I come out with a working tablet in the end.

Went to local repair shop. They want 160.00 to repair the digitizer. I found the part on ebay for 80.00. I think that 80.00 is outrageous for labor?

I have got an Hp Slate 10 Hd with touch broken.

I'am try to search this digitizer, but I don't find it!

Where can I buy it?

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Tux Subx,

Just go on Ebay, here is one.

Thank you so much Jayeff, but I found this already. Unfortunately, there are twice models: Slate 10 and Slate 10 HD.

This, on ebay and in others store, is for Hp Slate 10, it doesn't fit for Slate 10 HD.

I don't find it anywhere!

Hi, Is their advertising wrong then when they say Slate 10 HD 3500 3600? Have you contacted them in case they do have the correct one?

Yes, I contacted them e they answered me that it's compatible but doesn't fit.

I think there are a lot of kinds tablet with same name.

Since it seems, as you say, very difficult to find a replacement part, have you tried this to see if the manufacturer has them available?

There you only find the "external pieces" like power charger, usb cable, etc.

I tried to search by digitizer number (TOR100002-FPC5.0) and I found this (

I'm waiting for an answer.

David will be eternally grateful.