Gateway makes quality notebooks, laptops, and netbooks. Owned by Acer Group.

My gateway laptop is not connecting to wireless internet

i think my wireless card is broken .its not working but my wired internet is not working . please help ?

should i replace my wireless card ?

Most Helpful Answer

hello,

there should be a sliding switch on the very side or back of it, bottom part with keyboard, check to make sure its in the on position. If it is, try looking for a Reset Wifi driver on gateways website, it would be able to set the "wall" of wifi back up.

just try following steps that might help -

just reset the adapter settings in wireless device and update the wireless driver and make sure time and date is also correct in computer . also check the wireless password and for more visit gateway http://www.gateway.com/worldwide/ and see if this works for you . let me know if you need anymore help

I was told locally that this is an endemic problem and can't be repaired. Can a used computer be scavenged for the bad part.?

My laptop won't work either wired or wi fi. If it is just the io card can that be replaced?

Richrad will be eternally grateful.