The iRobot Roomba 655 Pet Series vacuum manufactured in 2012. Costco exclusive.

Why does my Roomba vacuum makes a ticking noise while its charging?

I charge my Roomba Pet Series vacuum cleaner nightly. Just a couple nights ago it started making a ticking noise while it charges. Its not very loud, but I am wondering if it is harmful to the robot, or if it could have potential danger.

We made sure our Robot was making contacts, cleaned contacts, tried different electrical outlets, pulled out dust tray. One holds a short charge, and my second Roomba doesnt charge at all!!. So my question is why should I purchase both battery and charger , and this may not be the problem, And why cant the company give us a straight answer!? Thank you

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

This is a fairly common issue with the iRobot vacuum cleaners. You may try plugging the charger into a different outlet. If the noise does not bother you, don't worry about it, it is not harmful to the robot.

If you feel the need to stop the noise contact iRobot customer support.

I have the same problem, but it doesn't charge.

For anyone finding this via Google like me:

Got told by a tech support rep to pull the dust bin slightly out of the Roomba while it charges. That seems to have solved the issue.

My Roomba model 865 is brand new and started the click noise while charging at the first day.

"told by a tech support rep to pull the dust bin slightly out of the Roomba while it charges." this is just a work arouns not a fix.

I have a Roomba 880 and it clicks (electrical) thru the speaker. Tech support said new Roomba with a discounted price. I just disconnected the speaker and it works great. No clicking or any sounds. Good or bad it still works.

There is an issue with Roombas where the battery won't re-charge if the battery level gets too low. You have to buy a separate external battery charger, available on eBay, Amazon, etc. Google “external battery charger”.

Once you charge it in that, it will work in the Roomba again. I’ve had to do that with mine a few times.

Rhett will be eternally grateful.