The iRobot Roomba 655 Pet Series vacuum manufactured in 2012. Costco exclusive.

Why will my Roomba not charge?

I placed my Roomba on the charging station and left it there overnight. The next morning I tried to run the Roomba through a cleaning cycle, and it gave a low battery signal.

Here's a great DIY fix for a Roomba that won't charge.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ItVt8RM6BB...

where can I find replacement parts, such as lint trap etc.

pls reply asap

Roomba website has all the parts. You may pay by paypal.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

In regards to all these questions

To be honest, I have no idea. Ifixit has students at Cal Poly write these guides, and I am one of these students. Students have to write the guides for a technical writing class, and ifixit uses these free guides from students who are trying to pass tech writing. Ifixit "pays" students by putting their name on the guide, and apparently letting us handle the questions, such as this one, that come up. The fixit guides are handy, but I won't be part of the system anymore.

Well I have an old 400 series. Didn't use it for years. Bought a new battery and it works great. Moved and put in wall to wall Pergo and it's been working super great. Then a week ago it would not charge, plugged directly into the charger. Noticed wire worn on charger and replaced charger. 2 days later power button still blinking red, no charge. OK. Just bought new battery and 2 days + and it's still blinking red. I even changed outlets. WTF. Anyone have a clue at Roomba or Tesla or a smart 4 year old that can help me before I run over it??

Edwaka

Most Helpful Answer

The contact points on the Roomba may be dirty. Roomba's charging contacts are under the front bumper of the robot. This means that they are in front of the brushes, and see a lot of debris. They can easily get dirty and increase the resistance in the charging circuit.

If after cleaning the contacts, the Roomba will still not charge correctly, you may need to replace the battery or get a new charging dock.

You have to clean the contacts on the dock and the Roomba. Try using something abrasive like a Brillo pad. Like this:

Check the contacts on the charger. They are essentially spring loaded steel so they will push up and make contact when the Roomba is docked. I had one that was stuck down so wouldn't make contact.

I checked the dock with a voltmeter to make sure it was not the dock. Although the contacts all looked shiny and clean, I went over everything with an eraser and followed up with alcohol. Still no luck. Finally broke out the steel wool on the roomba contacts and it's working like a champ. Thanks Tarek!

My cleaner does not charge in the dock either. The unit will return to the dock and try to dock, however, it will not dock it keeps rotating back and forth and then goes off and stops. I then tried to charge it by plugging in the line from the charger. It does charge in this way. Since we have two of these units I tried to charge it with the other dock with the same result as before. I also tried to charge the other unit on the dock from the one that did not work and it worked fine. Therefore there is no problem with either the charger or dock the problem is with the units charging contacts. they are both clean but do not function for chaging the battery, which is brand new and has been working properly for a couple of weeks. I did take the battery from the unit that works and installed it into the unit that does not work it still did not dock or charge.

If you have an answer as to how this problem may be corrected please forward it to me. The unit can still be used manually but it sure is inconvenient.

Thankyou, Henry

My Roomba does not dock or charge either it's clean and 3 months old!! I'm mad I paid $500. For the darn thing!!

That is what mine is doing I paid 700 for mine! Did you get it to work again?

My roomba charges only if it is at a major angle where I have to put about 4 coasters underneath to connect with charging points

Rhett will be eternally grateful.