The iRobot Roomba 655 Pet Series vacuum manufactured in 2012. Costco exclusive.

Why will my Roomba not charge?

I placed my Roomba on the charging station and left it there overnight. The next morning I tried to run the Roomba through a cleaning cycle, and it gave a low battery signal.

where can I find replacement parts, such as lint trap etc.

pls reply asap

Roomba website has all the parts. You may pay by paypal.

My Roomba does not dock or charge either it's clean and 3 months old!! I'm mad I paid $500. For the darn thing!!

That is what mine is doing I paid 700 for mine! Did you get it to work again?

Most Helpful Answer

The contact points on the Roomba may be dirty. Roomba's charging contacts are under the front bumper of the robot. This means that they are in front of the brushes, and see a lot of debris. They can easily get dirty and increase the resistance in the charging circuit.

If after cleaning the contacts, the Roomba will still not charge correctly, you may need to replace the battery or get a new charging dock.

You have to clean the contacts on the dock and the Roomba. Try using something abrasive like a Brillo pad. Like this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ItVt8RM6BB...

Check the contacts on the charger. They are essentially spring loaded steel so they will push up and make contact when the Roomba is docked. I had one that was stuck down so wouldn't make contact.

I checked the dock with a voltmeter to make sure it was not the dock. Although the contacts all looked shiny and clean, I went over everything with an eraser and followed up with alcohol. Still no luck. Finally broke out the steel wool on the roomba contacts and it's working like a champ. Thanks Tarek!

My cleaner does not charge in the dock either. The unit will return to the dock and try to dock, however, it will not dock it keeps rotating back and forth and then goes off and stops. I then tried to charge it by plugging in the line from the charger. It does charge in this way. Since we have two of these units I tried to charge it with the other dock with the same result as before. I also tried to charge the other unit on the dock from the one that did not work and it worked fine. Therefore there is no problem with either the charger or dock the problem is with the units charging contacts. they are both clean but do not function for chaging the battery, which is brand new and has been working properly for a couple of weeks. I did take the battery from the unit that works and installed it into the unit that does not work it still did not dock or charge.

If you have an answer as to how this problem may be corrected please forward it to me. The unit can still be used manually but it sure is inconvenient.

Thankyou, Henry

Here's a great DIY fix for a Roomba that won't charge.

Roomba Won’t Hold Charge : https://easyhomevacuum.com/roomba-wont-h...

Rhett will be eternally grateful.