Mid 2009 Model A1278 / 2.26 or 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo processor EMC 2326

Upgrading Logic Board with Core Duo to i5?

Hello everyone!

I have a 2009 MacBook pro, 13'' with a 2.53Ghz core 2 duo. What i would like to know is if it's possible for me to upgrade my logic board to a more recent one, like for instance, a mid 2012 Intel Core i5.

If so, it would be much apreciated if you would give me some advice on how to replace it and alert me to anything that i should take mind of, like mounting issues, ports, and maybe some solutions do those issues!

On advance, i give you my humble thanks :)

Sadly, its really not possible.

Apple changes things around to such a point you really can't fit a different series logic board into your system,. Here's the EveryMac spec sheet for you system and the first possible i5 system:

As you can see the ports alone are different and are not aligned the same within the case. You can also review these IFIXIT guides:

As you can see there are enough differences in the heat sink and the mount points that you'll need to over come.

Basically, it will be cheaper to buy a used newer model than retrofit a newer logic board into your system.

I want to change my logic board from a macbook pro 2009 core 2 duo to a i5 logic board from a macbook pro 2010, is it possible? I only saw some differences between the battery, but I don't really know if there are more changes in the logic boards

Not really possible, please read above for the full details.Time for a newer system (new or used)

Andrade will be eternally grateful.