The fourth iteration of the popular 7" Galaxy Tab line of Samsung tablets.

Why is my tablet not recognizing headsets?

I tried to use different kinds of headset for my tablet, but its like not compatible with the device, video and music shows playing, but no sound can be heard on my earphones. speakers are working, but i really wanted to use my earphones.

Chances are that there is crud build up inside of the jack. You need to either get it cleaned or replaced. If that doesn't fix it, make sure your software is up to date and all of your volume levels are set to normal.

Same here. I Googled for help and was delighted that simply cleaning the jack socket allowed earphones to work again. Type in "How to clean galaxy earphone jack" at gazelle.com .

If this doesn't work for you, then try this site's case-opening repair at Samsung Galaxy S4 Headphone Jack Assembly Replacement

Since your request for help is two years old, you probably don't need this. Maybe it will help others. Good Luck!

aubrey rioflorido will be eternally grateful.