The Nintendo 2DS is a handheld gaming device developed as an entry level version of the Nintendo 3DS with nearly identical hardware, but without the 3D upper screen function.

Why is my 2ds, cracked from the inside.

My 2ds, is cracked from the inside, its not cracked from the outside its cracked from the inside.

I have this same problem, it has happened to me twice with two different systems. Both were the black and blue 2ds, when I turn them on, it simply shows a pitch black screen with glowing white cracks running through it.

Mine too when I was at a sea world field trip it was fine but when I got home that happened to my nintendo 2ds

this also happend to my 2ds. i was walking in the stair hallway and my friend bumped me and my ds fell down the stairs. .....now i have to tell my parents =-=

my ds fell off the top bunk of my bed:( now i cant play it

James, the same thing happened with my 2Ds. It fell off my top bunk. I must have banged it off in my sleep, and the screen was on a metal bar in my room. I turned it on, and it was black, with cracked glass in the inside, with glowing white lines.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi it sounds like you have a broken LCD screen. The 2ds actually uses just one screen for both of the screens shown. You can purchase a replaced screen and fix the 2ds fairly easily and by following a guide here on ifixit. Nintendo 2DS Screen Replacement

If your on here it is becase you craked a 2ds this how to fix it. Frist,you buy a new screen you can get one Amozon.com then you take the back of the ds off then when you see the craked screen you very carefuly take it out then you replace it with the new one now you got a good working ds. plz comment if you nedd help on anything eles :) thankyou

How much technical skill do you need to do this and how risky is it for someone who is quite inexperienced with technology???

The same has happened to me. It is because the LCD screen has been cracked causing it to leak. The easiest way to fix it is just to send it into a repair shop.

what repair shop

I had the same problem I accidentally step on the touchscreen of my 2ds and I heard a snap sound and when I turned it on there was white colored cracks on both screens of the 2ds.

The LCD screen is broken, I'm suffering the same fate and the outer screen is not helpful, I suggest getting a case

I have a cracked screen and the touch stopped working. The screen still comes on it just won't let me touch anything on the screen. Any ideas?

mystery 241 will be eternally grateful.