The Sony Xperia Z is an Android based phone that was released in 2013. It is one of the largest phones of the Xperia family with a 5-inch full HD display. Model numbers include C6603/C6602.

Headphone always on / detected

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the Sony Xperia Z.

The Xperia Z seems to always notify me that it has a headphone connected while it has nothing in there.

The little flap/cover is broken off from the frame, wich is something i have to mention, so it does notify about the phone not being waterproof.

When i use SoundAbout and rearrange the sound output i can call and hear everything just fine. When i disable the app, i have to use the headphones with mic to be able to call or the phone will not use the earspeaker or bottom mic.

What i wonder is, even after a complete factory reset aswell as disconnecting the headphone jack from the motherboard, the phone still notifies about the headphones being plugged in when the phone boots into android.

What i would like to know is, can this be a motherboard sensor failure, or does this have to do with the fact that the flap is broken off too?

What i tried:

• Factory Reset.
  • Jack unplugged on motherboard.
  • Playing music while having the jack plugged and then unplug while playing.
  • Force stop "Smart Connect", cleaning cache and data.

I cannot seem to find what the cause is, im beginning to think that either some circuit is messed up on the motherboard itself or that the flap/cover is the cause.

I hope somebody can help me out here.

Thanks in advance.

Nobody with an idea?

Most Helpful Answer

It's not caused by broken off cover flap and the cover flap can be repalced by http://www.witrigs.com/replacement-parts...

As for the headphone, have you tired change a pair of headphones? And before you repairing the motherboard, what other you can try is replace the headphone jack.

Kevin,

The fault coming from your Headphone connector, Here you can fine the guide for Headphone replacement

the same what happend to me, bro to clean inside the jack with somthing small like a pen or something else then insert your headphone it should work ;)

I had the same problem. Insuflate sevetal times into the jack solved the problem.

I too have the same problem with my Xperia zr. I am not even able to make Soundabout work because even if I choose speakers in that app, music still plays only on the headphone. I can make calls only by connecting headphones or by talking on the loudspeaker. How to deal with the problem?

Soundabout helped me in this case. I to had the same problem. Guess it's the prob with the hardware. The audio is automatically routed to headphones.

I have these prob too I can't fix it but I find to way to solve that temporarily

Just do this

Volume up everything ringing alarm media

Go to radio app and turn to sound to loud speaker

After that u will hear sound of radio

After close radio app using square button. On navigation pane under the display

I think This will work for u

This don't work for me but solved using SoundAbout or AudioSwitch

Hi please do not restore your phone like I did you will regret it.... Here is the solutiin.....

Settings>>sounds and notification>> App notification>>all and the ln scroll down and select headset then press and hold this icon⚠ then disable app.....ever since my phone is perfectly fine :)

Kevin will be eternally grateful.