Xbox One Stereo Headset, model number B00IAVDQCK. Released March 2014, compatible with the Microsoft Xbox One. Headset includes over-the-ear fabric ear cups, unidirectional boom microphone, and detachable headset adapter with volume and mic controls.

Why won't the microphone pick up sound?

The headset and adapter are plugged in and I can hear game and chat sound, but no one can hear my voice from my microphone.

I have the same problem, It looks common for the Mic piece to function fail.No updates,batteries are needed.

I have this problem with my old 360 headset that's plugged in using the chat adapter

Try this it worked on mine. Recently...Today actually...

MIC FIX: http://preview.tinyurl.com/j4fjuuo

If you have an xbox one controller like me, you may discover that the gadget that plugs into your xbox with the bolume controls on isnt working OR the slot it goes into isnt working. Try taking it off and if your mic has a single phone socket that normally goes into it just plug it into the phono whole that you can see after you remove the gadget. I discovered my controller slot inside was broke and needed to use phono socket

I have tried all methods on YT can't find a single one that works but i did find a good vid on it so try this one out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG9j3k-_...

Have you checked to see if the mute function is activated? Make sure that the microphone is not muted by pressing the mute button on the adapter.

It's also possible that the headset is not completely connected to the adapter, or the adapter may not be fully connected to the controller. In this case, the speakers would not be working as well.

If these suggestions did not solve the problem, check out the troubleshooting page.

None of these steps worked for me. Found this YouTube video that was an easy fix with the power settings. I don't understand why, but here ya go https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sTlNv26Wgc...

Check that the controller is charged, and headset has power. Click the microphone mute button on the headset adapter to be sure mute setting is off. The Xbox One controller's firmware may need to be updated.

If problem persists, see the troubleshooting guide: Xbox One Stereo Headset Troubleshooting

Any solution to this??

No, it's a huge problem. No new controller or mic will fix it. You need a new box. It's &&^&^$^ ridiculous.

I've had this problem twice with two separate MS stereo headsets. From what I can tell, after basic troubleshooting, it's a microphone hardware issue. My second one stopped working mid sentence playing D3 with friends waiting for midnight release of Halo 5. I'm sorry this isn't an actual answer but I'm currently taking my whole headset apart to try to figure it out.

While your stuff is apart, can you get the impedance of the microphone? I have one on my David Clark's that is 'low impedance' at 5-9 Ohms, but the output signal is not consistent and is weak. My woman trashed my old headset because she 'just saw a mess'.

I've been searching for a few days and nobody has the stock mic's impedance listed.

I have gotten sound to work great though.

please say why the problem is wrong with everyone's mic asap, please.

lololololololololololololol

it is august 2016 and this is still a big problem literaly just happend to me. what ever happend to the great quality materials from back in the day. u know when the stuff actually worked

Pls help me, I have the same problem and I tried everything :(

I too have this problem (for a month now) and would love if someone knew what obscure issue is causing this. I obviously have no answer, but below is what I've tried:

• New headset adapter
  • Verified adapter / system setting wasn't on 'mute'
  • New headphones
  • Plugged headset directly to controller w/out adapter
  • Tried three different controllers
  • Checked system settings a bazillion times
  • Tried talking to just Cortana on the dashboard
  • Watched countless troubleshooting videos - most are the same repetitive, obvious things
  • Verified it wasn't parental settings or some other permission
  • Verified NatType was open

What's left? A factory reset of my Xbox One, perhaps. This is a very frustrating issue.

I've done all that plus a new console and new Internet and still nothing!

I am having the same issue out of nowhere today. Had the same regular headset for about a year now and it stopped working. Went out and purchased $160 pair of turtle beaches and still not working. Cleaned MAC address, hard reset tried wireless headphones with cord and without tried old headset tried two different controllers. This is a box issue and I don't know how to move forward.

I have gone through all the same steps as well Jasn with the addition of the factory reset (using the save my games and apps options) and it hasn't done anything. Have you had any luck yet?

I have the same issue. 3 controllers, 4 headsets (two microsoft ones), 2 consoles. Factory reset. Do you all have comcast internet?

I'm having the same issue. Sent into Microsoft. They returned the box "repaired." Two controllers. Two headsets. NAT Type open. Parental settings adult. Mic not muted. Verified headset works on other devices. Controller firmware updated. Won't let me select adapter firmware option so I'm assuming that's updated as well. Comcast internet, but they worked for months then just quit inexplicably. No idea what to do..

I Hard Reset my xbox coz I couldn't get on the overwatch servers I turned back on my xbox with the mic in and it would not pick up any sound. Is there a reason for that

Hi I just bought an Xbox One and a Microsoft Stereo chat headset. Ports are all forwarded, DMZ active, DNS good and NAT is Open. If I go to Party Chat and touch the Mic, I can hear noise and the line around my avatar highlight. Also there is the Headset symbol displayed. Yet no one can hear me. Then if I go to Game Play Chat, the headset disappears and my avatar goes dark and I get an error saying Xbox One can't find a microphone for this user.

Any ideas and is this what is happening to you guys?

Sorry I know 'm jumping in late. Its February 2017.

Same problem here just randomly happened talking to my friends then they could not hear me but I could hear them Xbox standard mic dosnt work and apple earphones worked for about 2 hours after until the same thing happend again!!!!

April 2017 and it happened to me couple days ago. I have done everything I can besides purchase new stuff. No reason I should have to purchase a new headset when the mic works on my phone, I shouldn't have to buy a new xbox because that ridiculous. only thing I might buy is a new adapter

If someone knows how to fix this that would be wonderful. I do not think it would be my internet, I go to school at North Dakota State where I am wired in.

Same thing just happened to me. I've been reading THOUSANDS of comments at this point about this. Pretty much the new red rings of death. Great job Microsoft......

I have this same problem but a Samsung phone mic works on my s controller and elite, this is a consule issue, I've warrantied my s 3 times now and it fixs it for a month tops

i have just accidentaly dropped my controller and it has suddenly stopped my mic from working and i was hoping that i dont need to get a new controller or a new xbox

Shannon Prouty will be eternally grateful.