no display after replacing screen

I replaced the screen (iFixit replacement screen) following the directions in the video, however when I power on the phone I get a few vertical white lines in the upper right corner? Did I do something wrong?

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

Try putting the your old screen back on the iPhone if it works then you have a bad screen. If you are still having problems then you could have damaged the data filters or a small component on the logic board.

The old screen shattered

Make sure screen connectors are full pressed down

It sounds like one of your 3 ribbons is not connected well.

I can't seem to get them to snap on tightly

Check to make sure none of the pins have bent. You should hear/feel it click in when you apply the pressure. Typically the first connection, the upper left is the problem connection when the symptoms you describe appear.

I finally got them to snap on tightly but after it's all put together, when I try to power on, the screen is black. Nothing.

Press and hold the Home button and Power button for 10-15 seconds, if it is a software issue it should be resolved. If that doesn't help the it sounds like a bad screen to me.

webgirllisa will be eternally grateful.