The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

How do you fix a screen with dark, flickering horizontal lines across

So a few months ago I dropped my iPhone 5c and the top right corner had a very small crack and at first didnt seem to affect the screens light but eventually it started to have horizontal lines across the screen and the screen is very dark (I can still see what I was clicking on but it was difficult) and then after a few days the screen became unresponsive(all black) but it the phone would still make noises and vibrate, so my phone wasn't completely broken. About a week ago I started doing research and I read that if you take the cover off and press on the plate covering the cord that leads to the screen you might make it responsive again. This worked kind of because now the screen isn't totally unresponsive, it's just very dark and has horizontal lines running across it. Do I need a screen replacement? Do I need to actually unscrew the plate and look at the cords? Thank you!

Use this guide to remove the screen assembly, clean the connectors on the board using a cotton swab dipped in 90%+ isopropyl alcohol, then gently and properly reseating the connectors.

Then reboot your phone: press and hold power button + home button for ~12 seconds; restart your phone.

If this solves something, great.

If not (and I believe it won't help much because you seem to have a damaged screen assembly), use that same guide to replace the screen assembly altogether.

iPhone 5c LCD Screen and Digitizer Full Assembly Image

Thank you for responding so what exactly is the problem? Screen, cords? Thanks in advance!

In my opinion, probably screen cords and/or LCD, and since everything is fused and welded together, you will have to replace at least this display assembly and transfer the small parts. Or the whole screen assembly that comes with all the small parts.

I am facing the same issue with my iPhone 5s, I have tried to contact with iCare they said it will be replaced with the exhange of money ..

Please help me to fix it.

Thanks in advance

hi, you need to unscrew the phone (watch a YouTube video how to do this) and you need to reattach the cables under the silver screwed panel in the top right hand corner and then attach them again. this should work- watch this video to help you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJCZJwrk...

bold textMy phone is doing light ficker

Melinda will be eternally grateful.