Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

MacBook doesn't charge and is now dead.

My charger had a short recently while plugged into my laptop, and it only would charge very erratically, but it eventually died and now if i try to plug it in it wont charge or turn on. The fan would spin for a few seconds and then shut down.

Why don't you tell us what you've done and tried?

Try getting a AC adapter that works. Apple MagSafe 1 AC Adapter

Apple MagSafe 1 AC Adapter Image

I don't think that it's that because i have tried with other adapters and it wont charge.

Most likely it is the AC adapter.

Why did you post a duplicate answer. My answer was up an hour before you posted. If you agree with an answer just vote it up. If you have something to add or another possible solution, then most an answer.

That is very odd. If it is not the charger, then it could be the DC adapter on the logic board. They are fairly easy to repair.

Lucas will be eternally grateful.