Hewlett-Packard began manufacturing personal laptop computers in 1993.

Why my hp laptop is not connecting to wireless internet?

hp laptop is not connecting to wireless internet and i think my wireless card is broken or something . should i replace it or should i restore computer

Are you getting any errors when you start up your system?

Please tell us more about your laptop and the network you are attempting to connect with and it's location (home, business, school, etc). Have you tried resetting the modem and/or router? How far away from the access point(usually the router) are you? Have you ever connected to this or any wireless network before with this laptop? Can you see any available networks? What operating system are you using?

twc.com home yes 2ft yes no windows 8

my laptop isn't connecting too. Every time when I go to hospital and have to stay, there is a wifi password, everyone connects with different devices,most of the people connect with laptops too. BUT my laptop says "can't connect to this network". It is Lenovo Yoga 2 , windows 8. I am so tired. please help me.

My HP laptop has the operating system of XP. How can I connect to Wi-Fi?

First of all try this:

1. Use Windows "Troubleshoot problem" (right mouse click on the network icon on the task bar near to the clock).
  2. Open "Device manager" and find your Wi-Fi card (something like Atheros, Realtek, Broadcom, etc.). Press the right mouse key on it an uninstall the driver.
  3. Now restart the PC and Windows will reinstall the WLan driver. This will reset your Wi-Fi driver.
  4. If this not fix your problem then you need to open the laptop and reconnect the wlan card.
  5. The final step is Wi-Fi card replacement.

@Zfix - I am confused, you seem like a very competent tech., with so little information on the network they are attempting to connect to, the settings in the operating system, etc... ad nauseam: Why are you starting out with reinstalling the driver followed by replacing the WIFI card?

Agreed! Basics first: Errors (if any) and config/setup

These are 4 different methods to solve the problem. If the first method does not resolve the problem, then you go to the next one.

No need to go to the next solution if the previous solved the problem.

Replacing the Wi-Fi card is the final solution - if others are not helped you.

lmao, windows troubleshoot is a joke. Most of the time resetting the modem or the router solve the problem. You assume to much. Just like I did in my previous comment to you.

I DID NOT GET A ANSWER FROM YOU ABCellars

Wi-Fi networking is a convenient way to access the Internet. However, a lot of things can go wrong when using a wireless connection, and it can be frustrating when the connection is slow, intermittently drops, or cannot connect. follow steps

- update the wireless adapter using recommended setting and please check the firewall and your antivirus for any update for more help visit hp http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02... after doing all steps restart the computer .

it was my firewall which was blocking the connection . thanks you made my day

I faced the same problem with my HP lap. It got solved when I selected "Obtain DNS server address automatically" under Ipv4 properties of wi-fi adapter

Thanks this was the same problem for me.

Question! Hp laptop with wireless internet not connecting to any website's! How do I update driver's etc?

Download and install your Norton product on your computer. Sign In to Norton. If you are not signed in to Norton already, you will be prompted to sign in. In the Norton Setup window, click Download Norton. Click Agree & Download. Do one of the following depending on your browser

https://www.nortonsetup-key.com

i had the same problem and solved now. undergo the undermentioned steps:-

1. connect your wifi device to your computer through a cable (cable is provided to you when you buy your wifi device.

2. now you are connected to the internet.

3. enter the configuration ip address of your device in the site bar.,.,., for example it is 192.168.15.1 in case of witribe

4. enter username and password

5. go to network setting--> WLAN-->SSID WPA settings

6. set the cipher type key to TKIP and change your pre-shared key

7. now when settings are saved, remove the cable and connect to your wifi with your new set key.

8. hope it helps you

Thanxxx a Lot Yaar. Just amazing worked. No hassel doing it.

too good. thank you so much

Oh My Gosh!!! Thank you for your help!!! his suggestion works on me! Oh My Goodness! his suggestion is very helpful!

Great, thanks a lot. It worked. Saved lot of my time

hello everyone ,

this is a very easy fix - just update the wireless driver , restart the laptop

check the firewall and date and time on the machine .

try restarting the router and modem also theat also helps sometime

when all these steps fail try Guide -Fix Windows Laptop Wireless Problems

see and hope this works for you .

great ..it really worked . thanks

i was very easy .thank you

Make sure you are not using a static IP Address. Go to Network & Sharing, click on the network you are trying to join. Next right-click on Properties. Then double click Internet Protocol Version 4 TCP/IPv4. Make sure you are obtaining your IP address and the DNS server automatically. Same with alternate configuration. If that doesn't work uncheck IPv6 in the properties tab.

Thanks! It solved the mystery like abc. No need to enter command prompt & so on!

Thanks a lot bro...it worked...appreciate

Internet Protocol Version 4TCP/IPv4 had everything at automatic. But unchecking IPv6 worked. Thank you so much!

My Hp laptop is not connecting to the internet, it says no internet connections but are connecting.

Can't believe I've been searching heaven and earth just to uncheck a box. Thanks a lot!!

Just solved this issue on my HP laptop, Go to Start, Type Command prompt, A black box will appear type ipconfig then space /release Then hit enter This will disconnect all wifi addresses. Then after you see all the configurations pop up, Type ipconfig/renew This should solve your problem, It worked on mine, Good Luck

Oh my god!! It worked!!!!

it still says disconnected after typing ipconfig/renew. please help

Mine said "this requested operation requires elevation". ????

@Donna I think "this requested operation requires elevation" means you have to hold your laptop above your head until it connects (I'm sorry Donna. I know that wasn't helping. I'm so sick of MY laptop! We have two very different wifi signals in our building. And EVRYTHING connects to both ... except this $%&$ laptop which of course is the main one that has to be used! But of course it connects to my phone hotspot - OF COURSE! Major money and battery waster. Oh I just want to pull out my hair!

Hi William,

Have you turned on the WiFi switch on the front edge, left side of the laptop? Have you checked the Wlan network adapter in 'Device Manager' to see if it is working properly? What OS is your laptop using? Have you got the latest drivers for your Wlan network adapter installed for your OS?

Hai in my hp lap top (windows 8) not able to connect wifi before I was using modem and able to use and also am not able to open the pc settings please give me some suggestions to solve this.

Hi, I cannot find the Wi-fi switch on the edge at all at all, more so, the network key on the keyboard has a redlighting. The light does not change to white.

Here is another solution that may fix your problem:

If you have recently upgraded to windows 10 and you get the issue where you get limited access, even on a plugged in ethernet cable. Then you may have an incompatible program causing this to happen. Usually an anti-virus program such as:

(This if you don't have a Windows 10 compatible version)

- McAfee

- Trend Micro Internet Security

- AVG

The issue can even cause the command prompt command ipconfig to display nothing.

Here are more solutions through a blog website as well:

http://online-computersolutions.blogspot...

Hi

I had this problem a day before and i'm here to give you my answer

1) right click on your computer icon and click properties.

2) Top right you'll see device manager, click it

3) On network adapters right click on your wi-fi driver and click properties

4) Cilck on the drivers tab and update!

Thats how i solved my problem

Restart you computer, go to the bios menu and reset, save changes then reboot your system. this should do it.

First I would make sure the wireless is on on the hp laptop then try and find the router I want to connect.

But if I can't find one then I right/left click on the internet access icon and click "Open Network and Sharing Center(Centre lol)" then click "Troubleshoot problems" then click "Network Adapter" then click "Advance" then click "Run as adminitrator" and click "Next" then click "Next" and make sure you have select "All network adapters" and you guessed it click "Next" lol. If all went right then you should be able to connect to the router.

But if that doesn't work then reset the router and if that doesn't work then reset the computer but if still nothing then I don't know what to do then.

I have done all the trouble shootings and there was a comment that says one more protocol was lacking... it was something in the Microsoft what is it?

1.检查是否安装了正确的驱动程序 。

2.安装hp的快捷键和电源管理驱动程序。

3.使用快捷键查看无线功能是否打开。

Translation:

1. Check that the correct driver is installed.

2. Install hp shortcuts and power management drivers.

3. Use the shortcut keys to see if the wireless function is turned on.

I went into troubleshoot problems. Since im running windows 7 professional , it dosnt show that option. There is a red x between my computer and internet. Im using my wifi on my phone so i know my connection is good. The switch on my laptop has been switched on and i toggled it to see if that would solve it. Because it was running a wifi connection before.

Hi, Apologies I probably used the wrong terminology. Here is a link that shows what to do. http://www.dummies.com/computers/operati... Again the name of the link is in no way a reference about anybody. it is just the easiest to follow.

My laptop is studio 10 Dell and the wireless can't connect. I only get Internet if it's connected with the ether net cable. Please help!!

I had this problem that my headphones Bluetooth wouldn't connect and the errors were either BLUETOOTH NOT WORKING PROPERLY or BLUETOOTH CONNECTION PROBLEM

If you have a DELL laptop just click on the link below

Find your windows version in the section 3: How to download and install the latest Dell Wireless Bluetooth Adapter Driver

Click on the right windows link and on the new page that opens theres a small blue link in the paragraph saying DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS

Click that download the file , save it, install it and when finished run it, it will automatically download what ever your laptop is missing for working properly.

And there you go, this happened to me few days ago and after i ran this file my lp is working good again.

Hope this was helpful

www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/4/SLN85601#Connect

I uninstalled an app and the WiFi connections disappeared. I have no way to connect and I've tried everything.

I updated the drivers from the network adapter from the manufacturer's website and finally the internet connection started.

THANKS !! it works :) :)

There can be many reasons for this problem. One of this is, maybe your [URL="http://techrapidly.com/top-5-best-antivi...]antivirus software[/URL] does not supported PC requirements. Also make sure that your PC has all drivers installed properly.

[B]Another Easiest way for Internet Connection(Check TCP/IP Settings)[/B]

Let suppose if you have antivirus software and this method did not work, you need to do turn off the malware programs. For more check Here:

https://techrapidly.com/installed-new-wi...

Here is How to recover lost wifi Password in windows 10

First, you need to have admin access to the device, and you need to be connected to the network for which you want to know the password.

Go to the Taskbar and right click on the Wi-Fi icon.

From the menu that appears, select Open Network and Internet Settings.

Now, Scroll down and click on Network & Sharing centre.

In the window that opens, you will see your active Wi-Fi connections listed under View your active networks.

Click the one you’re connected to currently, and in the Wi-Fi Status window that opens, click on Wireless Properties.

The Wireless Network Properties of the network you’re connected to will be displayed; choose the tab called Security in this window.

Three boxes will be shown: Security type, Encryption type, and Network security key. The last box ha your Wi-Fi password. If the checkbox “Show characters” is checked, the numerals or letters of the password will show. If not, simply check the checkbox.

Be careful not to alter the properties of the network while you’re at this, it might create problems in accessing the network for you later.

Source:- [ http://merabheja.com/how-to-view-your-sa...| http://merabheja.com/how-to-view-your-sa...]

Device manager > Wi-Fi card>it will look like Broadcom, Realtek, Atheros. Just Right mouse click on it and unstall the driver. This is very important to restart your device. I am not technical person till trying to guide the people

Had to reinstall Windows 10 on my HP pavillion.B@o.due to not being able to sign in. Well my hot spot won't work now. It's there but cannot get it to share. Meaning I cannot get other devices to run off of it

orton Antivirus Setup ,we are providing online independent support for our customer if any issue related to Norton Setup installation and download . For more details follow the links below :

<a href="http://www.setupinstallation.com/">Norton Setup Installation Help</a>

When your PC (or other device) can’t access your Wi-Fi network, you have to find out where the problem is—your laptop or your router. So the first thing you need to do is test the network without the laptop. Try another computer—or any device that uses Wi-Fi, such as a smartphone or tablet. If that other PC or device can access your Wi-Fi, the problem is with your laptop.

• Look at the bars next to the network’s name to make sure you have a strong signal from the router. If you don’t, try moving to a room near the router.
  • Use Windows’ diagnostics. Right-click the network icon in notification area and select Troubleshoot problems. Then go through the wizard.
  • Turn off your firewall—temporarily, of course—and try again.
  • WiFi card either has become loose from its connection to the motherboard, or the WiFi itself has gone bad and needs replacing. You may be able to use it via Ethernet. Often that part still works even when the WiFi portion stops working.

Read in details here to fix laptop wifi.

http://www.ithemesforests.com/laptop-wif...

I was in the living room which the where the router was and it hasn’t helped AT ALL

My problem is goofy. Machine does not connect to home network only to work domain. Win 10 Pro 64 bit on HP Probook 650 G3. Laptop is on the work domain. It works perfect on wifi at work, so does my old laptop (HP Probook 4530S, Win 7 Pro 32 bit), iphone 5S, 3 flatscreen tv's, 2 Wii consoles, Samsung G6 phone & miscellaneous laptops. This goes back to AT&T

U-verse using a Pace 5268AC modem/wifi router on 2.4 ghz band only. 802.11n mode. My WPA2/PSK (AES) key is 10 digits long. -64 signal strength at laptop.

Steps taken:

1. updated network adapter to latest driver.

2. ipv6 turned off.

3. changed router xmit channel.

4. tried with firewall & antivirus off.

5. ipconfig commands-release, renew

6. ping 127.0.0.1 but not outside of machine.

7. ethernet works like all day long. DHCP is set just like the HP 4530S box.

Laptop network icon is greyed out with an asterisk over it. It cannot connect to (saved) known networks because-it attempts to connect, then icon goes away. It comes back attempting and fails with 'can't connect to this network'.

Seems to be certification or security issue?

I figured that the spectrum cable modem was at fault as it was at a different frequency band. I added a netGear G band router to cable modem and my WiFi worked.

First check WiFi connection from laptop to other WiFi networks to rule out problem with your laptop.

The newer cable modem frequency is the problem.

My hp probook 450G5 corei5 operating system Windows setup problem moden software setup and ready, connect click ,but don't connected

Windows 10 setup

great question and answers

Have you ever copy the video files or pictures to discs for preservation? There is more or less quality loss when you convert video to DVD or BD, especially the burn high definition one. But you could reduce the quality loss to a minimum.

misha will be eternally grateful.