Repair and disassembly guides for Brother printers.

Why does my printer insist there is a paper jam?

My printer uses Brother LC 103 ink cartridges. The printer had a paper jam, that I fixed. However, it still shows a jam and won't print (or even scan). I have double and triple checked for tiny bits of paper (none). I have turned it off, unplugged it, restarted it, restarted the computer, etc. But no good. Any suggestions ?

Sounds like the rubber feeder rollers need cleaning. carefully open the carriage and wipe the rollers with some Isopropyl alcohol using a cotton swab.

I cannot get paper jam off. I have check and check there is no paper jam check rollers still not working the copier is not even 1 yr old.

Over time the paper dust can mess up the sensor system. Cleaning it and the rollers often fixes things. If that doesn't you'll need to locate someone with the needed parts to replace them.

I agree Dan. My MFC-J4700W insists on a paper jam although rollers have been cleaned, printer head drive belt has been cleaned, entire unit blown out with air. All paper jam results given by Brother have been followed multiple times.

If I knew the location of the sensors for paper jams, then I could fix this baby. For the money, its been one of the better printers I've owned, especially over HP.

Any ideas where to find the schematic or mechanical drawings to identify sensors?

ever tried "soaking" an area where paper jams are reported or occur to see if the paper dust comes out?

Louise will be eternally grateful.