Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Why won't my iPhone charge?

I have had a problem with my iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.2, jailbroken with Pangu. It was running fine one day then all of a sudden, it dies at about 50% while I was playing a game. I plugged it up and it booted just fine and went back to my game, then died again. I have replaced both my battery and dock connector. I have researched a lot and couldn't find any solution that I haven't tried previously. I was thinking it may be the logic board, but I hope not! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Answer

I know you probably don't want to do this, but have tried to un-jailbreak your iPhone? If that doesn't work then it might be the Logic Board, has your phone gotten wet or dropped from excessive heights? Could you give me more information about your iPhone 4? Is it ATT or Verizon? What is the Gigabyte storage size? What year did you buy it? From a rough estimate it could cost 126$ to replace the Logic Board, at that rate would you be looking into buying a new iPhone?

Thanks for the response. I would gladly restore if it I could get it to connect to the computer. As far as I know, it hasn't gotten wet or dropped from a great distance. Its At&t and it's 32 GB. I bought it used in roughly 2012.

Your welcome, one more detail I forgot to ask is it white or black? Here is the Logic Board (AT&T) for the iPhone 4 32 Gigabyte. It actually costs 99$, while iFix It doesn't sell iPhone Logic Boards iFix It support team has recommend that I look at Powerbook Medic. Powerbook Medic does sell the part that you want. I'm not sure if it is used or not, but read the description on their site and select the right option.

My phone is black. I don't know if I want to buy a logic board as I don't feel my phone is good enough to replace (It has a cracked screen and no power button.) I may look into getting a new phone. Thank you again.

Your welcome, that sounds like a good idea to get a new phone based on its current condition. It would be more expensive to replace all of those parts compared to just buying a new one.

Idk will be eternally grateful.