Is my LCD screen broken?

I recently dropped my iPhone 5s and the screen shattered, all of the screen is responsive and I can still see at all parts of the screen. I know I need to replace my glass screen but how do I know if I also need an LCD replacment?

You will need the full lcd and digitzer assembly almost impossible to just replace glass on iPhone without special equipment..

Is your LCD broken? No.

Will you need to replace it? Yes. It is fused to the top glass. The good news is that you might be able to get about five bucks for that original LCD for someone in the business of refurbishing original LCDs back into screens.

Tommy Shea will be eternally grateful.