Repair and disassembly guides for Kenmore Microwaves.

What does SE error code means?

My microwave is beeping intermittently and then error code SE appears , then no buttons work after that unless you open the door and clear it.

Some say it is a SE is a moisture sensor error. Others, a Key short error.

The SE error code indicates that you have a stuck key on the control keypad or a failed electronic control board. A technician will need to diagnose and repair this type of failure. Microwaves are inherently dangerous to service. Internal high voltage components can retain a lethal electrical charge even when the microwave is completely unplugged. A microwave shielding test must be performed on the unit to detect any possible radiation leakage following any internal component repair. These are the reasons that I recommend having a technician service the microwave.

My microwave did that but also showed SE one-two-three-four intermittently ,it was evidently a loose connection on the touchpad ribbon to the board. Remember You must push the ribbon firmly into the connector before closing the clamp.

Ruby will be eternally grateful.