Released on July 28, 2014, the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini is a cell phone that features an 8 MP rear camera, 720p display, fingerprint scanner, and water resistance. It has a larger display, increased battery life, and an updated camera from its older brother, the Galaxy S5.

My phone won't turn on but the blue light is flashing

Help! My phone won't turn on. The blue light is flashing intermittently but the screen is black. It won't take calls. Tried to reset but no joy. It's only 3 weeks old. Any ideas?

i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY NEXUS 5. PLEASE. HOW TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM?

Its also work ,for me.....

Most Helpful Answer

Hold volume down and the power button until the phone reboots.

This worked...fantastic thanks

Yes. It worked for me too.

IT WORKED!! Thanks a lot!

My screen only comes on green if i do that! Please help!

Thank you so much....It worked.....

It is more than likely that the LCD behind is damaged in someway.

Check for signs of cracks on the LCD (not the glass on top), also there could be a possibility the plug has come out, it seems to be very common in the S5 models, but not entirely sure if the S5 mini is the same or not.

If you don't see any cracks, or any physical damage to the phone i would suggest you try to take it back under warranty.

Hold the volume down and power button together for a few seconds. Dont listen to anyone about damaged LCD, just needs a reboot

it worked thank you so much. I have been all day with no phone. I was going crazy.

it works. awesome

Hold the volume down and power button together for a few seconds is not working.

thanks alot it actually worked

but do you know y this happened

internally cracked LCD.

i have the same problem i was buy another display new but i was make nothing still black i dont know what is the problem my phone new i buy it

you have any note?

I have the same problem. Brand new phone, no cracks, and it broke in the middle of the night while it was turned off and charging. Samsung is refusing to fix it under warranty. Any thoughts on how to deal with them?

Did you get any where with this. I have same symptoms on brand new s7. Was charging overnight, blue light flashing but screen won't display

No. I spent endless hours on the phone with just about everyone in Samsung support and got nowhere. One service rep finally admitted that they were told to push back on all warranty work until the "note 7 issue" was over. They claimed that there was a damaged screen (I could not see a crack) and we compromised: I would pay for a new screen if they would fix the cpu, and they charged me $535 for a new screen. I am now fighting this through the credit card company. Does anyone know of any class action lawsuits against Samsung?

I am having the same problem . why is it doing this

I was told by Vukosi Fungeni to hold the volume button and the power button down together for a few seconds and it would turn back on.

Sam will be eternally grateful.