Computers that generally don't include an integrated display, and are meant to be stationary.

Browser gives error "Your connection is not private" to Yahoo mail

When i go to check my email on Yahoo, after signing in on any browser, I get this error: "Your connection is not private." I'm running Windows 7.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thank you

FYI: The Yahoo server's page servlet knows how you connected to it which is why you get the message. Not all Web servers or server apps offer this alert. This is were you need to look for the HTTPS heading in the URL or the lock icon.

Update your windows. There might be many important updates pending, hence showing this error. Atleast it helped in my case, probably you might also get away with it.

It's windows updates that caused my problem, but then it usually causes some problem when everything is fine before the updates. With me it's every open tab that since the updates now all say connection isn't private, when they were before. Plus most new sites say the same.

every site i go to shows that is unsecure in yahoo including my mail. This is very annoying and I'm not putting info out there to be hacked. Fix this.

When it was just google chrome that was causing this issue, I just cleared out cache and cookies and it came up just fine. I also updated chrome but that alone did not fix the issue. only when I cleared out cookies and cache did it finally work. Good luck!

The connection you have established is not private HTTP Vs HTTPS S for secure.

Basically the data stream between you and the server is not encrypted so if you happen to be at a coffee shop sipping a nice cup of joe while using an open WiFi connection anyone in the coffee shop could be reading your emails right along with you! And collecting your passwords and credentials so they can later on access your email Or after dropping off a Trojan onto your system able to access it without you being the wiser!

Think of it this way HTTPS is like giving your computer a condom when in the wild ;-} While it can't fully protect you its the first line of protection.

How can i then make it secure? This is at home so not a public network, its only happened today? i have done a virus check and alls good?

When you open your browser window and type in the URL is it showing a HTTP or a HTTPS connection?

For some reason it is now working fine. It was https but had a line through it and was not letting me access the page, However today it is working fine. Many thanks for your help

Sounds like the HTTPS port was being blocked (shutdown) for some reason. The regular HTTP uses a different port (80) than HTTPS (443). Think of it this way the URL (name) is equal to a given IP address (telephone number) and the TCP port number is the phone extension the person you are trying to talk to it located. Somebody could be blocking the connection somewhere in the pathway or the server system at Yahoo is under attack so the port is flooded or they shut it down. I would contact them the next time it happens to ask for help.

I forgot one more possibility: The encryption keys expired. After you connected to Yahoo again, a background process should have updated it.

This is very helpful for connection in not private error on chrome http://www.fixotip.com/how-to-fix-how-to...

Nice answer really helpful

Connection is not private window comes because of few common errors. so first of all make sure, you need to time and date is incorrect.

sometime the might be related to browser cache, so delete the cache from your browser and then this will start working fine. for more information you may visit: Connection is not Private chrome . hope this will help you better.

Does not matter which browser you use. The message is the same about https. It has to be a virus even though Defender does not detect any.

The error happens when your computer got errors, such as wrong date and time, antivirus software blocked the SSL connection or just happen because the SSL certificate is not trusted.

As I said, these errors can be fixed with some simple ways, you can follow the article here to fix the error: Your connection is not private.

I hope those ways can help you to fix the trouble, or just ignore the warning and bypass it. However, I suggest you don't give your important information or personal data if you get this message (in case you can't fix the SSL error), because it's not safe.

I have done all steps that is listed and still get the unsecure symbol in my browser bar for all sites I go to, especially in Yahoo mail. This is not good when my info could be out there. It just happened recently that I noticed it. I have google chrome and avg security. Have used this all along and now this happened. I need to get this fixed asap. any other suggestions step by step. I have windows 10.

Many people have encountered such a situation especially they opened Yahoo mail in Google Chrome. Luckily, it is not a serious issue and needs just several steps to address.

Step 1: Check the date and time of your computer. If it's not the same as online time, your browser will not verify the SSL certificate. Then it will send you a message your connection is not private. Correct your computer time and reopen Yahoo mail to see if it works.

Step 2: Clear trashy cookies and cache on your browser. You can refer to this article onhow to clear cache and cookies in different browsers.

Step 3: Your Firewall and Avti-various can cause the error. They will block the SSL certificate. Therefore, you can turn off Firewall and Avti-various to check for it.

Step 4: If the workarounds above don't work at all, try to scan your computer to see if there is a virus.

Michael will be eternally grateful.