Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

Removing OCA bubbles on LCD using autoclave/laminator

Hey all,

Just wondering if anybody with an autoclave/vacuum laminator can tell me how they find it with the results and if they use a press to apply the OCA or just their hands and a roller? I've seen a few advertised but the seller is claiming the autoclave will not remove all bubbles if it's not done with a dedicated vacuum machine.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks

David James, I believe that an autoclave is a pressure chamber to sterilize equipment with high pressure steam. Not sure how that will help with a LCD repair. I thought that you would need a vacuum laminator to do a good OCA repair, not an autoclave.

it removes the bubbles when the glass has been applied to the lcd/oca. here's an example: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/...

a vacuum laminator is better but they are around $2000

Sorry, the title is misleading, i've only just noticed.

Hi brother,

if you want to remove the OCA bubbles , you need use the autoslave.

the autoslave setting reference: time: 15 minutues press: 0.4-0.5mpa temperature: 30

we advice you use the mitsubishi OCA, is easy remove OCA bubbles.

Hello, usually the autoclavecan remove vacuum bubbles, but can not remove air bubbles, so you should take care when put the oca on glass or on lcd.

What can I do to eliminate air bubbles?

You can use Autoclave LCD Bubble Remove Machine, it is uaually used for refurbishing LCD screen.

How many times can you put it in the autoclave because have bubble When I take the lcd out of the autoclave the bubbles will be 100% gone, then slowly come back

What advice can you give me?

It should be oca issue if bubble came back, now many people using glass+frame+oca or glass+frame+oca+polarizer pre installed, zero bubble and save time, more easy for lcdrefurb, can buy the materials here www.partsfixit.com, or contact me for better price:

skype: partsfixit.sales5

whatsapp: 008618566206037

email: sales5@partsfixit.com

Allen Lee

David F will be eternally grateful.