Repair guides and support for cars manufactured by Honda's luxury vehicle division, Acura.

2004 Acura MDX Front AC not working?

This is not the first time I have had this problem. The first time I followed some directions I found on another blog that led me to pull out the transistor assembly and replace a thermal fuse for $.74! Here is a link to the blog I was referring to.

After replacing the thermal fuse the first time the air conditioner went back to working perfectly. About 9 months later the A/C and Heater stopped working again, I purchased another thermal fuse, re-soldered it and when I replaced the assembly the front blower stopped working all together.

I decided to replace the entire transistor assembly for about $70. Here is a link to where I purchased the assembly from.

When I replaced the assembly the blower and the heater started working again but the A/C still is not working.

What's the next piece I should be checking? I really can not afford to spend $500 - $1000 getting my wife's A/C fixed right now. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you!

My front blower just quit, found this post, now it's working with temporary jumper and fuses ordered. Thanks for the great info!!! Just replaced the rear transistor couple of months ago, guess I could have done the fuse trick also?

Front ac can't low but keep going high

Curtis will be eternally grateful.