Repair guides and support for Panasonic's Viera line of televisions.

My panasonic viera plasma tv wont switch on

can anyone tell me why my panasonic viera plasma tv wont switch on ive checked the timer and its not that please can anyone help its doing my chuffing head in ...linda

grubblinda, do you have any indication that your TV gets any power? Any blinking LED's? What have you tried?

No encuentro el diodo T2D 63, parece un diodo Zener o Schottky, fast o barrier diode, ni sus detalles en data sheet, no aparece tampoco, para reparar mi Panasonic Viera plasma de 42 pulg. TH-42PD60x, por favor, si alguien puede ayudar, lo agradecería.

Mi TV Panasonic Viera plasma de 42" no enciende y da 10 flashes con el led rojo y los repite cada momento y no enciende. Encontré este diodo que no marca de ambos lados, fue medido con el multímetro fuera del Power board PTDA3911... Alguna sugerencia acertada o importante para encontrar este Diodo, aparentemente Zener, de control de voltaje y de rápida respuesta. Hay otro diodo similar con el negativo color banda azul cerca de este y marca 0.165 con el medidor puesto en medidor de diodos. El que necesito tiene la franja negativa color rojo.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Here's the owners manual Panasonic VIERA Plasma Users Manual looking on page 18 this is what it has for this condition:

"The TV has gone into shutdown mode to protect itself. Try unplugging it for a few minutes and connecting it again. If there was a temporary power surge on the AC line it may now be OK. If the blinking returns, call 1-877-95-VIERA (U.S.A.) or 1-866-330-0014 (Canada)"

Yeah, what a stupid answer. I come here to find "gold" this answer is like worse than tin, it rates with an aluminium can. My empty cat food tins are more valuable.

Posted by JP.LEICHHARDT

@jp2802 use this link https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/Ask to ask a question about your particula device. May be somebody can give you an answer that will help.

My volume cuts off i unplug it then plug it back in and it works for a while then it does it again

Robert Landrum use this link to ask a question about your particular device. May be somebody can give you an answer that will help. Right now it is hiding here as a comment to somebody elses answer.

I have the same issue..... I don't know how to get it solved.... Its very annoying

selvakumarr exactly what issue do you have? Same make and model TV? what have you checked?

I have a large flat screen TVs that indicates the power is there but no vision, while watching it I heard a click the the screen went blank.

Tried turning it on and off but still blank screen with red light flashing, then the light goes out.

Tried the timer but that does not seem to be the issue.

Happens to me every time power cut or even just unplugging it. I leave it disconnected at least 24 hours. More time may be required. After reconnecting, it has always worked. It does not seem to matter what the cause of the power disconnect was. My unit is 32" Panasonic.

Mine does the exact same thing, i hate this tv!! And its doing it right now and nothing seems to fix it

Hi

Our machine was unplugged inadvertently and would not work. I paid an engineer £100.00 and he came around pressed some of the buttons for 5 secs and it worked, however he would not show us what he did, and the same thing has happened. My daughter unplugged it and now we cannot get it to work at all and we do not know the magic combination. So if anyone comes up with this I will also be eternally grateful as the New Jessica Jones series has just started and I have only watched episodes 1 and 2.

Yes it is a safety standby thing but I just want it to work again.

grubblinda will be eternally grateful.