Released March of 2005, identified by model MWD200F

Does not play disc in color

My unit will play discs only in black and white. I have tried several discs with the same result. Is the problem with my unit or the TV to which it is attached? Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Have you tried a different TV? How did you connect it to the TV?

The unit plays fine on another TV. The TV with which I had it playing only in black and white is an RCA LED40G45RQ. I have the red and white cords plugged into the audio jacks and the yellow cord plugged into the composite jack, per the TV instructions. I am going to call RCA to see if they have any idea what is happening. The instructions say that I would have the best picture if I had an HDMI connection, but I to not know how to go from the three wires to an HDMI. Is there some kind of a converter for that purpose? Thanks for your help.

You only get HDMI quality by having an HDMI out on your DVD player.

My new Magnavox HDD recorder (may 2015) only show black & white. Have only Audio/video input on TV, audio out on my recorder okay, but video out show black & white. I contact Magnavox/support they say I must try different cables, which I did.

kenlsimmons will be eternally grateful.