Android-based media tablet by Amazon with 7" multi-touch color display. Repair requires only screwdrivers and prying tools.

Why is my kindle fire hd having sound but no picture?

My kindle fire HD has sound and I can hear noises coming out of my kindle. However my screen is showing no picture comeing through? How can I fix this as restarting is doing nothing to help my kindle fire?

i have same problem. did you find a solution?

i also have the same problem...did u find a solution yet

aaron81182 I was wondering if you got your issue fixed? Please see my reply about how I fixed it.

Most Helpful Answer

katie, since you have nothing showing on your screen regardless of what you do, I would suggest that you use this guide. Check to make sure that your LCD is properly connected and that you do not see any obvious damage to the cable and any of the components on the board. It is possible that you have a bad LCD (or bad backlight), replace it and let us know what you find.

I had the same issue and Amazon was no help. I had to take the back cover off and unhook the battery. Next you re-hook the battery and the kindle started working. I had to re-set everything-clock, wifi, etc... but at least it's working.

This is what helped with the issue mine had.

I watched the you tube video. Held the power button for at least 40 seconds and screen came back!

Wow...I was very skeptical but this worked!

Tried all the above, unconnecting and reconnecting the battery, holding down the power button, nothing works, the light is coming on the screen but there are no images, my son put it to charge and that happened.

katie will be eternally grateful.