Repair information on Windows Mobile tablets manufactured by Dell.

Dell Venue 8 Pro inverted x-axis touchscreen?

So I have a Dell venue 8 pro and I replaced the lcd, digi assembly. When I power it back on the touch is inverted on the x-axis. Is there a way to fix this I don't know if there was something specific I need to do to change it or what causes this?

I have performed the exact same operation. My tablet came with a screen of type 099x23, and I installed a type MF47K. The touch input is now mirrored around the vertical axis.

Calibrating the screen results in totally useless configuration, with touches registered in completely wrong locations. Running the calibration program from command prompt directly with any number of self-designed patterns returns similarly ruined configurations.

Did you ever find a solution?

Most Helpful Answer

Twee Twee's link is dead, so I've uploaded the drivers to my own OneDrive as a mirror: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5B...

It's also posted in the comments, but there are a lot, and it's hard to find.

This is a firmware update for the touchscreen driver, which provides the appropriate configuration and calibration.

Contained:

!Reflash.2.2.0.0_Bellaire_20131216_PR1574183-TPK-THQA

!Reflash.2.2.0.0_Bellaire_20131216_PR1574187-Wintek-THQA

Much longer Sharing Link, because the short version appears to be dead now: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5B...

Good thing I'm still following the thread; this is definitely one of those resources that will eventually die from link rot, and then where will we be!?

could you repost the drivers that you have? the links dead and im in dire need of them!

Thank you so much this worked for me. It may not be clear to some people that you must run the bat file for both the TPK and Wintek. It certainly was not obvious to me but after running the TPK .bat it still was inverted. I then ran the Wintek.bat and now have a normally operating touch screen.

Thank you very much ben, your links still work and it allowed me to get my V8P working again :)

Thanks! It worked perfectly.

Hi guys. With the help of some user with the same problem and my chinese friend, I got the necessary files, to invert the touchscreen. My touchscreen for the Dell Venue 8 Pro (T01D) is working again. In all directions :) The uploaded file you can find here:

http://www.filedropper.com/dellvenue8pro

I hope it helps. Cheers

Dubious as I am of running executables off of file-sharing sites, especially those with references to firmware flashing and confidential information, I'll do it! What could go wrong? Mine is also a T01D, let's see what happens...

Oh, nice, this worked! I performed only the first step, running " !Reflash.2.2.0.0_Bellaire_20131216_PR1574183-TPK-THQA " And then allowing the tablet to shut down. I edited the .bat to give me more than 3 seconds to read the result.

ALSO! I had to clear my calibration garbage first.

Would you mind uploading the files once more? I'm currently experiencing the same issue and it seems the download link has expired. Thanks in advance!

Here's a copy hosted on OneDrive. I've re-zipped the files, but I'm pretty sure it's not malware! This is a Microsoft link shortener, I swear! http://1drv.ms/1HykPHe

Benrockhold's provided link to the files worked for me - Thank You Sir! The file name is slightly different than what is listed in the PowerPoint instructions, but I was successful merely running FlashFW_Shutdown.bat from the ...TPK-THQA folder.

Ok, at first I was a bit scared to use this method but also I was desperate, so I gave it a try and it worked perfectly! Thank you so much benrockhold for uploading files once more to OneDrive.

It helped a lot and my Venue 8 pro is working in normal way right now. :)

I have the same problem help please

@benrockhold could you post the link back up? its dead and have three tablets that need this to be fixed on.

New link, let me know if it also fails: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5B...

I can't see why the old one died, the files were never moved, and the link works for me, as long as I am logged in... Microsoft probably changed something about sharing links.

thanks since I have se same problem after changing th touch screen - only 2 cuestions before using the files: is it for the Dell Venue 8 Pro 3845? how to know TPK or wintek? thanks again for your help

I just ran both. The TPK seems to work for others, but the Wintek worked for me.

Just found the solution amidst the comments. Not sure anyone frequents this page anymore, but benrockhold's comment on the "Most Helpful Answer" provided the solution. So, I will repost his comment:

"Oh, nice, this worked! I performed only the first step, running " !Reflash.2.2.0.0_Bellaire_20131216_PR1574183-TPK-THQA " And then allowing the tablet to shut down. I edited the .bat to give me more than 3 seconds to read the result.

ALSO! I had to clear my calibration garbage first."

That last sentence was crucial for me as well! It didn't work without that! For just a bit more clarity though, once you open the folder he mentioned, just run the "1_FlashFW_Shutdown.bat" file. Once the tablet shuts down, boot it back up and it should work.

Thanks for the help guys!

How do you clear the calibration trash?

Do anyone else still have the files? Old links doesn't work anymore...

In case you did not find the link in the comments: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5B...

Before anything I thank him to keep this topic alive and that the files are still available. The tables is my brother but broke it full screen so we asked one by alliexpress slow to arrive. But I get. The problem is that the digitizer was not the same as the original (had a TOM80H12 and get a 5468W) worked with the problem described in this entry. So you perform both steps included in the presentation, the first I worked but already with the second, all is fixed. I am very grateful, and to create a profile to do so. A greeting from Mexico.

Thank you everyone, but especially @benrockhold for keeping the files up. I was losing my mind trying to fix this. I received a different screen, and the second reflash folder worked for me -the Wintek. To clear your calibration, you do a search for calibrate and then chose the option to clear calibration. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Two screens, and a lot of yelling later, I'm up and running. I created this account with a temporary email, so I probably won't remember how to log back in. I'll try to check back to see if anyone else has questions.

Hello everybody

Sorry for the approximate translation (google translation)

First of all a big thank you to @benrockhold which gives us a solution that works for everyone.

Only I block but I do not know where.

I explain my procedure:

- I download the file

- I copy the file to the desktop

- I execute "1_FlashFW_Shutdown.bat"

From there it went out.

I turn it on again but the tactile is always reversed.

What should I do ?

What is "reflash.exe" for.

Thank you all for your help.

Nick will be eternally grateful.