Nintendo handheld device released February 2011, identified by model number CTR-001.

277 Questions View all

After replacing touchscreen, horizontal black lines on lower LCD?

My daughter's 3DS touchscreen was not working correctly, so I bought a replacement digitizer and replaced it. Everything seemed to work well, and the touchscreen is now fully functional, but I believe I must have put something back together incorrectly as now there are a few black lines across the lower screen. I'm happy to take it apart again, but if anyone has suggestions for which connection would be the issue, and what might cause this, I'd really appreciate the help !

Thanks!

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1
Add a comment

1 Answer

Most Helpful Answer

if you see horizontal lines or lines of blocks that means you didnt fully make the connection on the your connector. The ribbon cable is not fully seated correctly on the connector to the motherboard

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1

Comments:

+ 99% chance your answer is correct. The cable could have been damaged being the other 1%

by

Add a comment

Add your answer

Duncan Mackenzie will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 1

Past 30 Days: 4

All Time: 422