The Vengeance M65 is an enthusiast-grade laser gaming mouse with premium responsiveness, FPS-optimized design, and superior control.

How do I disable the scroll wheel clicking for smooth scrolling

I need to disable the scroll wheel clicking for smooth scrolling. I want to be able to just spin the wheel and there is no clicking or bumps. Is this possible and if so how is it done? If not, can anyone recommend a good mouse with smooth scroll? I already tried the Logitech G502 and it has wheel balance issues.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Xe Roy,

if you look at this picture here

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/ig...

you see the scrollwheel in the middle. From it an axis on the lower side goes into a part, inside of which the sensor contacts for the movement of the scrollwheel are located on the underside of that black plasticwheel. On the upper side this wheel has marginal notches, where, as the scrollwheel turns, a protrusion in the metal washer at the upper side of the black plastic wheel snaps in, which gives the clicking. Maybe you could remove that metal washer, or flatten its nose. But this might be a difficult transaction.

Good luck,

Fred

I've done it today. Got sick of that clicking and imprecise scrolling. I disassembled it and just flattened the bump on the washer. 5 minutes of work and it is much better now!!! Not as good as Logitech's 2 modes wheel, but it is definitely much better now!

:-)))

Xe Roy will be eternally grateful.