Repair guides and support for the laptop line of Acer's Aspire series for casual home and business use.

My Acer Aspire E1-531 suddenly won't power on?

I have an Acer Aspire E1-531. It's only 1.5 years old. Won't power on, lights that used to light when the charger is plugged in, don't light now.

It was working fine then got the 20% battery warning and while plugging in the charger, it powered off and will not power back on. The port for the charger is right next to the power button and I may have been pushing the power button while trying to plug in the charger.

Tried resetting it (took out battery and held power button for 30 secs) and I took it to Office Depot where they tested it with a different charger (with and without the battery in) to no avail.

Very nice answer and link Sam. This will really help people for any type of hardware problem with laptop or cleaning dust.

i have this same problem.

i m removed battery and try to power on the laptop with bypass via AC adapter,

but system cannot turn on.

please help , can i change charger?,

why the system cannot turn on in bypass mode ?.

thanks..

Most simple thing to do first i knowbit may not be the cause but some systems i have done was due to ram or hard drive.

Try trying one by one. If your systems has 2 memory slots remove the top ram stick then try to power on. If no luck then swap the 2nd slot with the one you removed. You may only have one port if so remove the ram and the hard drive and see if it will power on if it does you should recieve a beep. If not try putting the ram in first - power on. Then try just the hd - power on.

It could also be an over heated board. Maybe try stripping the system down, remove the heat sink and re apply some new paste. Otherwise yes you could have a faulty board.

Though may i ask... Have you tried with a genuine acer charger both yiurs and a 2nd for testing. As i know alot of dells have issues with a non genujne charger.

Hope a bit of my advice can help, if not then sorry. Good luck

Thank you very much.(Elias )

Thanks so so much! This really helped...

It didn't help so help

Me,my laptop to turn

On.

I have an aver aspire one

When I turn it the screen is showing scrambled and snow

Please advise

I removed the ram and cleaned them with a cloth and then replaced them and pressed the power button (with no plug and battery) and my laptop fired up and is working perfectly!

I have acer aspire E1 ( Z5WE3), I usually remove the battery on it and I work with the ac adapter. from 2 months the labtop didn't turn on exept I replace the battery and after that I can remove it and the labtop can work when keep the ac adapter at the outlet IF I remove the ac adapter from the outlet, I have to replace the battery again to turn the labtop on

I try to hold 30min but no effect, any advice????

thanks

Any news about this problem?

hello bwo887

i think i got this fixed and i would like to share this with everyone . took tha battery off and wait for like 2 min and plug the battery back and

plug the charger also . press the power key for 10 sec and let it be turn on .

charger has to be original make sure for any other steps visit Fix Acer laptop NO power or no boot problem see if this helps you

M Hooper will be eternally grateful.