The Samsung Galaxy S4, model i9505, features a 13-megapixel rear camera, and a 5-inch 1080p display.

Power button stuck, phone won't turn on or charge

The replacement for this phone is currently in the mail but I am really hoping to get this one working for an hour just to get the pictures etc.. off. The power button is stuck down without any event (being dropped) triggering it. I took the thing apart and the actual little white button will not click anymore like the volume ones do. When plugged in, the red LED does not appear and it doesn't charge. If I take the battery out and put it back in the samsung logo pops up for about 2 seconds then the screen goes black again. Same scenario when plugged into the computer or wall except it is the charging logo. My computer does not register it as being connected. I've tried every combination of buttons recommended to me but it doesn't respond to any type of reset. I've also tried using someone else's battery which did not do anything. I'm avoiding taking the power button off because insurance does require you to send in the old phone and I don't want any charges for my handiwork.

I also have this issue on the power button. It won't turn on. The LED Lights won't turn on. And not only that, The Home Key cable is ripped out. For some odd reason. Also buying the parts is not too bad, By the fact I don't even know what I'm doing with my phone…. Until I take it to a Tech guy. But might give me a tax for 2 SIMPLE LITTLE PARTS. But lets get into the phone. When charged, in tends to get hot whenever I change batteries. And When i get a correct battery. it shows the charge logo. But doesn't charge. What does that mean? Can someone help why this happens?

I have the same problem with my phone. But i put the phone on download mode and when i trie to install the frimware the phone turnet off and dont turn on anymore. I want to know that there is i hardware problem or software problem . I put and the power button and the phone dont respond anymore . I need i help thank

Yes I have a Samsung s4 and it seems that the power button is stuck witch means that it keeps on turning off and I can't use it. I've tried most things but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried taking the Sim SD and battery out and put them back in but when I do that it goes to the Samsung galaxy sign them goes black again someone please help me I don't know what to do

My Samsung Galaxy S4 had the same problem and I fixed it. Here's the link on how to check if the button is bad using a voltmeter and how to fix it. Hope this helps! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l_6fwzu...

Is there any repairshops i can send my phone to that do this? I have the exact same problem but im not trying to break my phone more by trying to fix it myself

This has worked for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqBgbN8N...

Hope this helps

My power button got stuck and I used divider (not sure is it correct word so here's the link : http://www.limes.hr/_cache/MARS_554_Basi... :) )

Just try to move button with it, and after that take a vacuum cleaner and let it do its job over button.

No problem anymore :D

Gs4 wont power up. ... I've tried beating on the button. pressing home .power ..up down.. simultaneously .... Blowing compressed air into it .prying on it.. only thing that worked was to remove the back/frame and put a few drops of oil into the power button.

open your phone up and remove the plastic power button and it should boot up normally but you wont be able to press on that power button and to fix that you can get a new one or you can just use assistance menu on galaxy s4 to turn it off and on or just to lock your screen

Laura will be eternally grateful.