Repair and disassembly guides for microwave ovens.

Timer starts, cooking doesn't, timer shuts off. Fixable?

I have the Panasonic Inverter Microwave "Genius Prestige" NN-SN797S (via Costco).

FYI, The SN is inside the door edge, NOT the number on the underside of the unit.

Per googling, I found my issue, but not enough info to consider repairing it:

BINGO:

"the units have 3 safety switches inside. The symptoms of failure of one of them is it attempts to run and starts counting down then stops and resets."

The warranty was only for 1 year all parts and labor, or 5 year for Magnetron tube ONLY, no labor. I am at 3.75 years.

I have been told that this can be returned AT ANY TIME to Costco, for a full refund, rather than repair. I will attempt this and leave feedback. I would like to fix it myself, but sadly $X is more expensive than $0.

Same issue for me, timer start for 2 seconds, but no cooking. Took apart and tested switches. Primary interlock switch bad. Type F61425U30XN. Fixed for about $10...

These things scare the doodoo out of me. I'm a professional repairman and I'll change a light bulb in one but that's about the extent of it. I just don't have that much life insurance.

Am I'm now told that all those x-ray machines they used to see just how well my feet fit into my shoes that were in every shoe and department store weren't really safe? Tells you how old I am. And just how glad I had my children early! Bacon is bad for you but microwaves that will melt stuff in your pocket are safe? If you don't know what I'm talking about here's a primer: http://gizmodo.com/the-insane-cancer-mac...

scottbernardis will be eternally grateful.