The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

iPhone 5c Won't turn on or charge

iPhone 5c Won't turn on or charge what do I do??

Just tested the battery and I got 0.5 VDC, That seems low!

Same problem. We have 2 5c's only a year and a half old. Mine is fine. My wifes is on its second battery. Phone died and will not charge or turn on, even after another new battery. Holding on and home button does not work either......what a piece of sh#@!!!! Rogers wants me to spend $660 + tax on the iPhone 6

I had my iPhone 5C for about a year an a half an I needed a sim card so I went to U.S cellular an they said it was no longer to be fix its broken so I left it under the TV an now it wont charge up or turn on now I have to buy a phone that cost a arm and a leg

i had my iPhone 5c for a year and a half but it is still on it's first battery, tonight i was out with my family when it turned of at only 9% i thought it was a battery mistake but then when i got home and put it to the charger it didn't work either now i'm practically phoneless for god knows how long but it's the first time this had happened to me and i hope it's also the last time .thanks apple for not assuring the good functionality of the phones you sell to your customers that had to work hard to get this money

My daughter iPhone is not charging nor is it coming on. I don't have insurance which, I feel is expensive and should be covered no matter what. She needs her phone in case of an emergency. Amazing that it is happening right at the time its due an upgrade the phone is not working force to buy a new one , which will be more expensive. Does anyone know what I can do?

Most Helpful Answer

Per information found here---> http://www.payetteforward.com/my-iphone-... <--- holding both the Power and Home buttons for about 20-30 seconds worked like a CHAMP!!!

Thank you!!!!!! This totally worked.

I have already tried this and my phone still wont turn on. what should i do now?

thank you, it finally turned on

Rule out bad battery.

Rule out bad dock connector.

Only then think about U2 ic.

We are developing U2 replacement in the US. Give us a shout if you think you might need U2 changed. Click iPad Rehab to get to my profile.

jessa

but it still didn't work so now what

My iphone 5c won't turn on at all , it went completely dead

I have the same problem too!

You can go through the steps of changing your battery and your lightning charge port. If that helps good. But like many 5c owners the u2 ic goes bad triggering these issues. I have read it's due in part to a 3rd party sync cable. Which is odd in my case I always use the original cables but my 5c will not charge any more nor will it come on. If this is your case and you are still under warranty with apple go immediately and try to exchange it. Like so many whom are not under warranty are out of luck unless you know some whom can micro solder to replace that chip.

Agreed, I am using an original apple charging cable but I am going to change the battery and lightning charge port. Will up date later if this works.

i have the same problem as you

paul

my iphone 5c has been dead for 3 days straight whilst I was waiting for a charger I have now got a charger plugged it in and left it for about 3 hours and it wont even say its charging. can someone help me out here im not sure at all

mine is doing the same thing

mine is as well I tried a hard reset and it still didn't work I also tryd to put it (DFU Mode) and still hasn't work im not sure what to do

think you got a crappy charger

My iphone5c won't turn on and it not the battery cos I took it into a shop today to get it replaced why

my phone has done this so many times and i went to apple because the screen popped out, but it happened again. idk what to do anymore

It used to just turn off and back on and sometimes won't turn on but I've tried everything and nothing seems to turn it back on

Try doing a quick battery pull.

this is happening to me try changing out the screen, battery and charger port all at once, if that doesn't work its a bad motherboard, try to reflow the motherboard. in my case a new screen battery and charger port did not work out for me so I'm going to attempt a reflow

Okay I had a problem with the iPhone 5c and 5s. For the 5s it was completely dead..so I took it off charge for 10 minutes! When I plugged the charger in it I kept hold of the top button aswell and it came on straight away. with the 5c I kept hold of the top button for around 30 seconds and then just left it,it came on. I hope this helps you :))

my I phone 5c will not charge or turn on I tried holding down the lock button and the home button and nothing happen what can I do next to try and fix my phone

my IPhone 5c will not turn on or charge I tried holding down the lock button and home button nothing happen what could I do to try and fix my phone

They same thing has happened to my iPhone 5c, I checked it at 10am and it said it was dead even thought I put it on charge over night. Then at 1pm evening it said it was still dead. So I held the lock button to check if it said it was dead and nothing would happen and I had a black screen. I panicked, so I got onto my iPad to search what do I do if my iPhone 5c won't turn on I found this website and read all the comments. Everyone is just saying press the lock button and home button but it still won't turn on! What do I do now?

I have the same problem only my iphone dont work to any of these solutions. Is it broke?

I can get it to turn on. Its been charging for 2 hrs

my Iphone is not turning on i try everything still is not working what can i tray From you ?

My iPhone 5c won't turn on at all! It just has a blank screen. I have tried many different ways to try and restart it but nothing is working. Please can somebody help quickly?? Thankyou :)

I was walking I was moving stuff out of my house and I had a lot of stuff in my hand my phone dropped then I tried to cut it on it would not come on how to fixs it

My Phone is blank it want cut on

it wont turn on

i tried so many things already

Look at my recent comment,I hope it helps you..

Change the batteryear

Thank you so much! Mine is working now! I think patience is key :)

How do I do this ?

HUMIDITY MAY BE PROBLEM!! Hi, I got blessed and discovered that humidity build up was stopping my phone from charging. I tried all of the cleaning tips. I kept my phone in an Otter Box and work in my yard, etc. and it's been humid, plus sticking phone in back pocket all lends to moisture build up. I put my phone in oven stripped of all extra coverings, tried my positional cable and it charged to a hundred %! Not bad;) Also, I eventually put the phone straight up so the heat from the pilot light could gently rise to dry inside of phone better. Good luck. I had nothing to lose. Theresa

Patience is key. Leave it alone for a few hours, away from any chargers and then try and charge it. Should work! :)

My boyfriends iPhone 5c is broken, his screen is black and it won't charge, anybody know what we can do ??

HELP''my boyfriends I phone won't turn on its on charge and the screens black this has happened for 2-3 hours ''

It could be that the charging port is full or dirt and dust or the cables may be damaged. See more information here: http://www.technobezz.com/fix-iphone-won...

I have my girlfriend iPhone 5c the screen won't turn on and I clean the charging port and I plug it in to the phone all I keep hearing is when it charges the sound of it does anybody know what to do?

The first option is to restart your device, if this doesn't work then the charging port may be dirty or the cables are damaged. Here are some solutions this problem: http://www.technobezz.com/fix-iphone-won...

My iphone 5c is not charging i do anything but its not working

my iphone 5c doesnt wanna charge as well. it charges when i put pressure down or up on the charger port and my screen blinks when it says its charging but it wont turn on.... tried cleaning it with a toothpick and a safety pin and nothing.

Vaughn Higginbotham will be eternally grateful.