Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Changed power button flex cable. phone wont turn on now.

So I was changing the power button flex cable on an I Phone 4 because the power button wasn't working as it wasn't clicking, nor was it even press able. So I changed it and all that, now nothing will turn on. I plugged the phone in to a charger and it was vibrating and making some noises, but the screen was dead. Nothing at all, not the apple logo, nothing. I tried a new screen, still nothing. I feel like the board just went bad.

Did you take the screen out when fitting a new power flex? If not that's wat caused the screen not to work as you cannot bent the screen cables forward without damaging them.

Plug the phone into a laptop and open iTunes then check if the phone is reconised if battery is dead the phone won't reconise so leave it 20 minutes

I will try that thank you.

Mathew will be eternally grateful.