vertical yellow line on my Apple Cinema HD Display

A faint vertical yellow line has appeared on my Apple Cinema HD Display. I do not want to replace the monitor if possible. Are there any ways to fix this?

thanks,

Post an image of what your monitor displays. That way we can see what you see.

I tried taking a screen capture of the line, but when I do, it does not show in the capture, which is kind of bizarre.

Barb, not really. Those things are hard to photograph:-) If it is a single line from top to bottom it is most likely a TAB error and 'can not be fixed. You will either have to live with it for a while or replace the panel.

OK, turned on the computer today and yellow line has disappeared....what does that mean...

Loose TAB can cause it as well as loose display cable (unlikely) if it stays normal, consider yourself lucky and it may have just been a fluke :-))

Connect your computer to a different monitor and if you see pretty much the same thing in the same place it's the GPU/VGC of the computer - if you don't it's a problem in the Cinema display panel.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

I will try this tomorrow and let you know what happens...

Barb will be eternally grateful.