Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

iPhone bootlooping when plugged in? (No Jailbreak)

I have an iPhone 4S that my friend gave me. It was dead when I got it, so when I got the chance I plugged it in to charge. It showed the usual battery indicator (it was red indicating it was drained) a few minutes later it booted up and showed the Apple logo and for a few seconds it stayed like that. Then it vibrated, showed the spinner and preceded to boot and shutdown, again and again. iTunes could detect it, but only for a few seconds, (as it only stayed on momentarily). I did try putting it in DFU mode by holding the Home button, Home + Power button, and other various button combinations, but no luck.

I suspect maybe it's a power issue? Maybe the battery is reaching enough power to boot up, but not enough to stay on and it's shutting down when it tries to? Maybe the battery is dead and needs to be replaced? These are a few of my theories and I'd like to see what anyone else thinks and what I should do at this point.

It is out of warranty, so user repair isn't out of the question. I'm just wondering If I should replace the battery, the charging port, or maybe just get a different charger?

What do you think is wrong and what sowld I do next?

I think you should first try another (new) battery, because it might be faulty.

Ok, thanks for the tip, I probably will (already ordered tools) I'll try and disconnect/reconnect it first. If no luck then I'll get a new battery

Gabriel will be eternally grateful.