A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

My ps4 won't start up?

I bought a ps4 second hand for Christmas got my husband this year. However it won't turn on. I push the power button and a beep and a Blue light comes on for a second and then it dies. I'm not sure what I can do?

I'm sorry to say that you will have to send this in somewhere to get repaired. If you got if from Ebay or somewhere that you can send it back I would do that ASAP. There is no easy fix for this. Either someone sent you a defective console or it was dropped from a significant height during shipping.

Most of the time this problem is caused by either a faulty power supply or faulty solder joints under the APU. Repairs for this kind of problem are not 100% so there is a chance that it can't be fixed. This is why you should try to get your money back if you can.

There are multiple repair shops that should be able to fix this for you. My repair shop is one of them.

hold the power button down till it beeps.... then keep holding for second beep it goes into safe mode.... i had to reinstall ps4 OS an it works fine now

Most Helpful Answer

I just got it 2 days ago and it is doing this. Its brand new nothing has over heated because nothing is working. I think it it the energy flowing from the outlets you either need more energy or... i dont really know. My dad fixed it just by plugging a ps4 cord into a different outlet. Hopefully this works for me and you!

Omg, thank you Luke I just tried this and it actually worked.

It could be the GPU,CPU or power supply. Its a fail safe so your motherboard doesn't burn up, thats why it shuts off. It could also be a broken or loose part that can be replaced. I would buy another one and keep this for parts. Fixing the CPU of GPU is a $8 thermal compound fix. Thermal compound is like car radiator fluid (keeps it cool). I have no right answers because I don't have it to take it apart to see but this is a overall idea of the problem.

PS4's don't have separate CPU's and GPU's they are both combined into the APU.

It's not a "fail safe"...it's either from a faulty power supply or faulty solder joints under the APU and cannot be fixed by replacing the thermal paste.

My play station won't stay on it turn off right awayaway

Guys if someone can just tell me what to do cause I did everything I still did not work

I hate to say it but your best option is probably going to be to either send it to a repair shop or take it to a local one if you have one.

Ma ps4 won't load were it says after it will reset and I went on a computer and download the 3.11 update and it still don't work

Before just saying it's this or that, try the easiest troubleshooting repair by replacing the power cord.

Then look for a local shop to fix it. They may be able to fix it faster than returning it to Sony.

I have fixed this problem for people. 85% of the time it is the soider joints under the APU. The chip would have to be removed, clean old soider from chip and board and resoildered to the board. always works, but has to be done by a electronic repair shop that has the tools and know how to do it.

My ps4 wont turn on at all and when i blow on the back hard where the power plug gose it will turn on for a couple seconds and turn of and it sounds like my fan isnt on can anyone help?

Mine did this the day after I bought it and I moved it to a different outlet from the one it worked on the first day, and it worked. This is really stupid.

Sarah will be eternally grateful.