Rectangular Form Factor / 16 GB capacity / Announced September 12th, 2012

Device seems to be working internally, but the screen won't turn on?

My iPod Nano 7th Gen went through the wash and dryer. I placed it in rice for several weeks before charging it and attempting to turn it on. After doing this, the screen wouldn't turn on. When it's plugged into the computer, iTunes recognizes the iPod and shows what songs are on it. When I hold the Sleep/Wake and Home button, the computer recognizes that I've reset the iPod. This makes me think that the water damage only damaged the screen, because the buttons are working, and iTunes seems to be able to add and remove songs from the device. Would it be beneficial to try replacing the screen? Would this fix the problem, or should I assume the water damage has ruined more than just the screen?

Most Helpful Answer

Anything further. I have decided it is the LCD portion, not the digitizer/glass screen. Mine only went through the washer so it seems only water damage. And when I tried turning it on after letting it "dry" for several hours, there was a flash of the original screen and then blank. I can see the iPod in my iTunes, I can sync to it - and as the screen itself is okay, no cracks, etc, am assuming it is the LCD digitizer. We'll see, I will order the part and give it a whirl. 2015-07-23

Let me know if it works. I still haven't been able to get mine to work.

I'm put rice in my iPod

It's have cracks in my iPod

Logan Ostrom will be eternally grateful.