A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, also known as PS4. First announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

My ps4 is not turning on

I recently dropped my ps4, (has no damage) and when I tried to turn it on the blue light turns on and seconds later it turns off. Can somebody please help me.

i never drop mine and it just had a pop noise but it was turn off ,i smell something burning ,i got up to see what was the problem it was my ps4 so how do i get this fix

all you have to do is get a new hard drive if that dont work look in playstation.com then go to settings and it will tell you the rest all you need for this is a usb cable or a ps4 hard drive so that is how you fix it but one thing dont belive youtube i tried youtube it messed it up even worst so just take my advise but if those steps dont work that means you need a new ps4 the only reason it came broke is because the compane might of did something rong. so there you go. :)

Well Kevin J, that burning smell does it smell acrid? aka really putrid and gets right up your nose? that is the smell of a popped capacitor. But basically upon up your ps4, and check all the boards for char marks that will show you where it has been arcing out or similar.

As for you Jonathon, take a look at your HD see if it has come loose, you might be lucky and be able to pop it back in and bob's your uncle. Otherwise you may have damaged your HD by to much shock. And you may need a new one.

Most Helpful Answer

im afraid to tell you ur going to have to take it in some where cause it's gotta be something messed up on the inside of ur playstation.

Do not attempt to repair the device yourself if you want to retain your warranty. If you contact Sony they will send you a box and you can ship it to them for repair. If you are outside of your warranty then you can look into replacing your power supply. Usually the power supply will pop and short out if it is full of dust, and a ESD event causes damage. Dust is made up of mostly human skin and human skin has oil which can carry a charge across the circuit board causing a short.

sounds like the HDD is not connected which is resulting in the machine not booting as it had nothing to boot, open the side panel and check the connection..

Jonathan will be eternally grateful.