An upgrade of the Nintendo Game Boy Advance, the Advance SP was released, in North America, on March 23 2004 with a square structure and clam-shell design.

Charge light goes on then off

I plug in my charger and the charging light flashes on for about a second before it turns off. I'm pretty sure it's not the charger because it works with another GBA SP, though that one is a slightly different model.

The model that isn't working is the newer one, with the brighter screen. I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem. It's also not the battery because it works in my other GBA SP, the older model.

Most Helpful Answer

Hey Daniel,

Make sure the charger you are using is the proper voltage to charge the device. If it's too little, it will not take a charge, you may see a little light like you said.

The charge cable may not be the problem, it may be the port you are plugging the cable in to. This port is soldered on to the motherboard of the Gameboy, and if it has become loose, you will not be able to charge it with ANY charger. If you have basic soldering skills, this is not a difficult repair, if you do not have an electronic repair background, I would advise selling it for parts, and purchasing another one.

Have a good one, sir. :)

If it does that it means the battery is full :D I also didn't know that and thought it was broken but it isn't bad IT JUST MEANS THE BATTERY IS FULL

This happened to me too. Luckily, my brother has another Gameboy advance SP that didn't work except for the battery. I swapped batteries and it appears to be working again.

This also happens when you fry your charger, a bit. I've opened up my charger and can see that the capacitor (if not mistaken) was loose. The solder has melted and loosen up the foot of the capacitor on the circuitry of the charger. I re-soldered it and good to go.

#This should affect all the GBA charged with this particular charger.

It's most likely the battery is full or the battery is completely dead and you have to swap it with another one

Daniel will be eternally grateful.