iPhone 3G

Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

IC Charging Chip for iPhone 3G

Hi all

my iPhone dosent charge ? they are telling me that the IC chip need to be change,witch its not available in my country , can u order it throw this website ??

Who is telling you that?

in most cases of the non charging iPhones is the fuse toasted and not the charging ic

those kind of parts are mostly sold on ebay and some cell phone oriented websites. and of course - directly on some chines pages.

the prices are horrible, you will also need special tools to do that kind of repair. the minimum would be a hot air- or better an infrared soldering station.

dose that chip has any special name for the iPhone3G ?

by babyfaceq8

there are 2 power related ic's on the logic board. one is the infineon smp3i - ebay: 160380332912, 360208665590 & 360274082574 and the other one is the NXP power management ebay: 360274631797, 360208338649 & 360209947800. search for iPhone 3G power supply ic and you will find both types

by markus weiher

Is it necessary to have a hot-air soldering iron? could you just fit it and glue it down?

No you can't. Glue is non-conductive and will not last.

by oldturkey03

I mean put it in position and hold it there while adding some hot glue to the edges to keep it in place. Sounds tricky, is there anyone who would do this for me for some money? Cheers

by Leo

Leo, it needs to be solder to fulfill its functions. Sorry, glue is not the answer for a proper fix. Depending on your geographic location, I'd suggest you find some professional help to solder it for you.

by oldturkey03

Ok thanks I will do that. Before spending a fair amount of money is there a way to make sure that the power IC is the problem? The fuses are not broken

by Leo

babyfaceq8 will be eternally grateful.