Not charging, blinking green/orange light

My magsafe power adapter is not charging my mac (MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012) black screen, no battery no power up.

Happened over night, worked fine yestreday.

No green light on the adapter plug, only blinking between green and orange. what does that mean?

Try an SMC reset. If that changes nothing then you have a hardware issue could be the charger, the DC-in port or the battery is bad.

Replacing the charger would be the easiest cheapest place to begin.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it accepted.

Thanks. :-) It worked, I just unplugged the battery for few seconds and everything works fine now.

Good times. :)

I have the same problem with my Mac (MacBook Pro 13" Late 2011) but in my case the problem was not solved this way.

My MacBook only charges when is off or in suspension mode, so i unplugged the battery and it works normally with no battery. But when I plug the battery again the problem persist (Only charges when is off or in suspension mode).

My battery has 958 cycles.

I have the same problem, it charging, but blinking green/orange light

In my case, my battery is bad! I changed and everything works fine now

Unplugging the battery and reconnect it, worked for me!

disconnect the battery charge indicator from the motherboard. It is near the battery connector. This should solve your problem

my macbook was doing the same thing... I tried reseting the SMS but it didn't work. it also wouldn't turn on the first time I tried... until I used the Command-R Power Button and held it for a few seconds. The battery won't show up on the desktop screen only in the battery preferences, it says it is not charging and it is at 0%. What is happening?

it also makes a hissing sound like a fan is on, I looked and there is nothing really bad with the CPU usage.... wierd, please help!

what does it mean when the magsafe 2 adapter is blinking amber and green and still charging

also the upper right of the keyboard is getting hot.

I got a MacBook Pro 13-inch (early 2015)

Mid 2012, 15" - i7 - MacBook Pro here

I had the blinking light on my power brick. I unplugged it from the wall and the thing just kept blinking and alternating between amber and green... even though it was unplugged.. and this went on for about a minute.

After the light show stopped, I plugged back in, and BOOM... fixed

telango will be eternally grateful.