Not charging, blinking green/orange light

My magsafe power adapter is not charging my mac (MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012) black screen, no battery no power up.

Happened over night, worked fine yestreday.

No green light on the adapter plug, only blinking between green and orange. what does that mean?

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Try an SMC reset. If that changes nothing then you have a hardware issue could be the charger, the DC-in port or the battery is bad.

Replacing the charger would be the easiest cheapest place to begin.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it accepted.

Thanks. :-) It worked, I just unplugged the battery for few seconds and everything works fine now.

Good times. :)

I have the same problem with my Mac (MacBook Pro 13" Late 2011) but in my case the problem was not solved this way.

My MacBook only charges when is off or in suspension mode, so i unplugged the battery and it works normally with no battery. But when I plug the battery again the problem persist (Only charges when is off or in suspension mode).

My battery has 958 cycles.

I have the same problem, it charging, but blinking green/orange light

In my case, my battery is bad! I changed and everything works fine now

Unplugging the battery and reconnect it, worked for me!

disconnect the battery charge indicator from the motherboard. It is near the battery connector. This should solve your problem

I had the blinking light yesterday.

I opened may MB 2011 17” and it was hot as !&&*. I took off the battery and waited. 12 hours later it was working as usual.

what does it mean when the magsafe 2 adapter is blinking amber and green and still charging

also the upper right of the keyboard is getting hot.

I got a MacBook Pro 13-inch (early 2015)

Mid 2012, 15" - i7 - MacBook Pro here

I had the blinking light on my power brick. I unplugged it from the wall and the thing just kept blinking and alternating between amber and green... even though it was unplugged.. and this went on for about a minute.

After the light show stopped, I plugged back in, and BOOM... fixed

try closing the process called 'usbd' using the activity monitor (OSX)

it helped me

Glad I found this page and that the fix was something easy! I can't disconnect the battery on mine because it's soldered on for my model, so I'm really hoping that it's the charge. It started happening out of the blue, so I ran Apple Hardware Test, reset the PRAM and SMC, and tried a different wall outlet. I'm really hoping it's the charger and not a hardware failure, but I think it's software related because it gets way more intense if I can get it to log in.

I have the retina 15" with the touch bar and the last time something stopped working I ended up needing the motherboard replaced since you can't remove parts on the new ones... It was a $750 to just repair it, after I'd already invested around $2999 init initially.

I'm hoping/praying this issue is my charger/stops so I'll be able to charge it, or I'm gonna lose my mind! (And all my money)

EDIT: Finally got it working! Must've had something to do with the USB-C devices or something, but I took it off the MacBook charger and plugged my Nintendo switch charger to see if that'd work (the new ones only have USB-C ports), and after plugging that in I plugged the regular charger back in and it started right up like nothing had gone wrong! Not sure what the !&&* happened haha

In my case when i plug charger nothing happen, no green light and no orrange light. But when I unplug charger “battery status” lights (green) start blinking.

I just clean my charging port and charger pin with tooth brush.

It works for me. Mac start charging.

telango will be eternally grateful.