The 2014 version of the Galaxy Note 10.1", running a Exynos 5 processor and 3 Gb of ram. Released October 2013.

Tablet won't turn on, even when charged?

Hi, so my tablet has been dead for a about a week or 2 and so I tried to plug it into my PS3 and the battery popped up including the loading image but it looked frozen and didn't look like it was doing anything. So I took it to charge to my laptop instead and it still did the same thing. Then I tried turning it off and on and now it doesn't do anything at all. Just a black screen, nothing turns on. I tried holding the power button many times and it still did nothing. Will I need a new battery?

Same problem for me. Tablet don't turn on. Moreover the problem occurs just one year after we bought it, the day the warranty expired...

Samsung give 2 year warranty by the way

Thank you David. Indeed I've just read the small lines about the Samsung warranty who give 2 years. Before I only notice the reseller insurance of one year.

If you bought the tablet from amazon.com, it's probably a broken backlight.I bouget my samsung galaxy 10.1 from there and I maybe dropped it a few times, but some of the screen froze and went dark in places. Eventually, the screen stayed black but the device made noises and the back and menu buttons at the bottom still lit up, so i looked it up and it said a lot of people who had bought their 10.1's from amazon had the same problem with the back light.maybe have it sent back to samsung and have them fix it (they will factory reset it though). I hope this was helpful for you.

lines and color are all squiggley what causes that?

I seen that you tried charging it from a ps3 and a pc. Your tablet needs a 2amp charger and will not charge normal from a usb port. Try this first, you will see the battery with the lightning bolt until the battery reaches about 3.7v and will register 1% then you will see the animation with the battery filling up. I have also seen a bad charge port cause this as well as cold solder joints on the battery connector.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi, have you tried resetting the device by holding power and home button for 15 seconds.

Hi. Thanks for your answer.

Yes i try this combination but without any success.

Try holding power and volume down button to boot into recovery mode

I've tried but it doesn't work either. It seems that there's no power anymore despite the fact that I've try to plug for charge battery for several hours.

Could be the battery but i'd get Samsung to fix it before doing anything yourself

YAYYYY it worked. My tablet would not turn on for a couple days. No response at all. I held the power button, no response. I then googled this site and read this article. I tried holding the power button with the volume button for 15 seconds and about 10 seconds IT TURNED ON. So grateful for your guidance. Thank you.

Try taking apart device and resetting battery by unplugging and plugging back in, you can search youtube on ways to take apart your device if your unfamiliar

For the moment, Tablet has been returned to seller, who informs me then having returned the device to Samsung. Let's wait now for the feedback.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

take back cover off there will be a plastic strip with a conecction on it disconnect it and reconnect it just worked for me no need for a reset

What if your tablet dosent have a home button?

== Hey my name is Callie and my tablet want turn on even when it's plugged in and I don't have a home button help me ==

I tried all the tips ie. holding buttons on and off, opened the case and disconnected and reconnected the battery etc.but nothing worked! This morning my wife called me and excitedly showed me the tablet was working. I couldn't believe it when she said she shoved it in the fridge for an hour and when she took it out and switched on it worked perfectly. Said she had read of someone putting a phone into a fridge and thought she would try the same trick! Happy lady!

i have this problem too.. maybe something else.. but my Tablet ACER is fully charged.. and when i turn on, only shows ACER explore beyond limits and then this disappear... when i try.. then only the battery shows no charged.. i try again.. i see its fully charged.. isnt something bad? or is it bad with my broken screen ? :D

I have same problem.. i let my battery drain for like about 2 days when i plug in back to charge never charged again..

I thought it was the battery so replaced.. no results .

I did all the buttons convination still have no results.. cant make it turn on back again.. help pleaseeee...

My tab went black with flickering lights on the buttons. Pressed down the power button and the volume button for a few seconds and just popped open with bright screen as before. Thanks.

I had the same problem. I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.

I just pressed the power button + volume down + volume up, for 20 seconds while the tablet is connected to the charger. Then showed up the charging icon and could turn on the tablet.

I have a new Samsung Galaxy s9 it worked well when i turned on the tab, i was going downstairs to get some snacks and when got back my new tablet was off, i thought the battery was dead so i tried to charge it, how many time i charge it nothing happens and i wont turn on even i charged it overnight still no changes.....

WHAT SHOULD I DO!??

how many days have you had it?

Try holding the power button and the Volume DOWN for 15/20secs. It worked for my Tab A.

Hi Guys

My tablet suddenly went back, and mind you it was fully charged. Tried different techniques to switch it back on but to no avail. Plugging it in the power didn't work or pressing down on the power button.

What worked was plugging it in the power, pressing the power button and the low - volume key, all at the same time for about 5 seconds should turn your tablet back on.

I was so happy to have it working again.

Hope this works for you. Good luck.

Frustrated. Nothing worked. Will never purchase another Samsung product.

It's no use. It's dead. Get a new tablet. Say goodbye to everything on your old one.

Score -1

I have just put a new bettery in my samsung 10.1 tablet. But it still won't get past the samsung logo. I tru the reset download and have left it for a day but its as though the tablets dead. What do I do now, I have had it about 3 years so no guarentee left. Debbie

Omg! I'm dealing with the same issues have you gotten it fixed again? I would love to know...

Nathan will be eternally grateful.