Mid 2009 Model A1278 / 2.26 or 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo processor EMC 2326

no power to laptop is DC-In Board defective?

Power adapter's LED doesn't light up and battery doesn't charge. Same adapter works with a 15" that I have so I know it isn't the power adapter.

If it's a mid-2010 model its still under warranty. Take it in to an Apple store, dont take any chances voiding the warranty on such a new machine.

+ agreed

+ Ralph

Certainly sounds like it, if you have a mid 2009 MBP you need this. iFixit does not carry the part for the Mid 2010 version. Installation instructions are here.

i have a similar problem. my mid 2009 MBP always needed jiggling the magsafe to get the battery to charge (still the original battery, lasts about 2 hours on a full charge).

a few weeks ago my battery drained. and when i tried charging it, no jiggling helped. i never got any light on the magsafe connector.

the DC-in board looked in bad shape. so after reading in many forums I went with buying a new dc-in board and replaced the old one.

assembled the MBP back together and unfortunately nothing happened. still no light from the charger.

I know that the battery is dead, but shouldn´t the MBP get power if cable is connected?

hejlotta51 will be eternally grateful.