The Canon Pixma iP3600 is a compact inkjet photo printer that weighs 12.3lbs and is 17.0”(W) x 11.7”(D) x 6.0” (H). This wired printer was released as part of Canon's Pixma series in 2008.

How do I print without colored ink?

My printer will not print because I am out of colored ink. I just want to use the the printer to print in black and white, how do I fix this?

Want to take the help of an experienced Canon technical team? You can check on http://canonprinter.support/

Thanks. A simple answer to a very frustrating problem. Couldn't find anything in the manual or printer instructions that mentioned this.

Most Helpful Answer

If you are out of colored ink:

Hold down the resume/cancel button. The resume/cancel button is the smaller button below the power button, on the right side of the front of the printer. Press for 10 seconds. You can now print in black ink.

If the printer is completely out of ink, you will see the alarm lamp, to the left of the resume/cancel button, flash orange four times to indicate the ink supply is low. You'll need to replace the ink cartridges.

For more information, please refer to this device's troubleshooting page.

Thank You! So simple and it worked!

thannks, didn't work for me. I must have a different canon mx300. There is no cancel resume button

Thank you!! I pressed the STOP button for 10 seconds then printed normally.

Worked on my Cannon Pixma iP7250 Thanks! :-)

THANK YOU - you are my hero :D

It is not possible to print without Colored ink. But you can print a file in black and white color. you need to setup the print setting. If you have question and query related to canon printer technical support call us at Toll Free number 1-888-924-5460

Pressing the cancel button for 10 seconds was the solution

if you replace the black ink and not the color should my cannon mx340 print. the color is empty but still in the printer

This worked. Thank you!

I'm having a problem printing

im out of black ink. im using canon pixma mp287. how to print using color only ink?

In cannon ip 3600 I fill the ink but do not give a print

I have a cannon mg2120 How can i just print in black?

can I print on a cannon mx-490 printer without color ink? I use black and white always, but it won't print without color.

Hi mine is mg 2540S , that orange is flicking about 3 times . But still refuse to print even on black only . Maybe they are both empty .

Olivia will be eternally grateful.